Chapter 11

It was later the evening and Josh and Maya were at Maya's place.
They were drinking coffee while they were watching a old movie from the 1979's.
It ended with the last song and Maya switched off the television.
Josh smiled as he looked at Maya.

"You are... So weird, Maya Hart," Josh said and Maya looks at him.
"We just watched a film from the time when Eric was born, you know that?" Josh asked.
"Not at all. I think I was like seven when I first saw the movie. My mom said it was a big hit in her time and I actually haven't stopped watching it. But I actually don't like much of the new stuff. The greatest movies were in the seventies to the late nineteens. I know I'm pretty old school then but I like those things," Maya said.
"I'm not  complaining. I was raised with movies like this. But I didn't think you would know them. They come from way before your mother's time. But looks like you're the different girl in New York," Josh said causing Maya to chuckle.

Maya brushed a strand of hair away causing Josh to see a scar in her neck.
She knew he saw it but didn't know what to do next.
She exhaled and looked at her hands as he lightly lifted her chin with his finger.

"What happened?" Josh asked without any judgment.
"A attack at home in May. It's not as bad as you think. We were threatened with people with knives and unfortunately they got a hold of me. It was nothing bad though," Maya said.
"If it left a scar it is. Maya if you want to we can..."
"Can we talk about something else?" Maya asked and Josh nod.
"What have you heard from my dear brother and niece?" Josh asked.
"Not in the last four months. The last time I hear from Riley it was June. I haven't again. I'll ask Shawn if he heard anything from Cory. I don't have much contact with them anymore," Maya said.
"Anyway, I think I have to head home before Joseph calls the police. I'll see you tomorrow," Josh said and Maya nod.
"Call if you need to talk you," Josh said giving Maya a kiss on her forehead before he headed out.

Question of the day!
What is your favorite movie?