Chapter 8

Happy reading 📖

It's been almost a week since they arrived in the USA. She and Carter Jnr are exploring the city of New York. Her PA is taking care of her meetings.
"Hello mom." She said happily when she picked the phone.
"Sweetie, how are you? Are you guys okay?" Her mother sounded worried.
"Yes mom. We are very much okay. Mom listen I have hired about 5 bodyguards. They will protect us besides George is here. George was Carter's best friend. He is now a detective, he is the one helping Ella look for her husband.
"Okay honey, take care." She hanged up.

They got back to the house and saw that Ricky was already waiting for her.
"Welcome Ma'am." He greeted her.
"Thanks Ricky." She smiled at him.
She told the nanny to take his son upstairs because it's business time.
"Ma'am , today's meeting was successful but the CEO wants you there at the next meeting. He was kinda mad because of your absence." He said.
"Alright Ricky. Thank you very much. Anyway, stop calling me ma'am or Mrs Alder. Just Ella okay." She smiled.
Her employees like her very much because she is always smiling and easygoing. She is very humble, she doesn't treat anybody badly. She dismissed Ricky to his room. Ricky's wife is the nanny. The couple adore them so much. The nanny is literally her best friend now. She talks to her about everything. They go out for shopping together and so many other things.

Carter was exhausted from working too hard. He was mad because the CEO of Alder's Manufacturing company keeps ditching the meeting. Their company are collaborating with them for the new projects. They are going to supply them with materials needed for the project.
He took her number from her PA after the meeting today. He is going to call her to personally ask her why she keeps ditching the meeting. Everyone is eager to meet her. She has kept her identity from the public.
Also, her name sounds very familiar especially her surname.
"Son, you are here." His mother hugged him.
"I'm exhausted mom. Goodnight" he kissed her forehead and left. He has been avoiding his mother lately. It's because of Bernice. He doesn't know what his mother has seen in her. She is forcing him to get back with her.
Carter slept without eating supper. He was hungry but he decided to sleep.
Late in the evening, His stomach was grumbling. He went to the kitchen to get biscuits or something to eat. He then remembered to call the CEO who wants to meet. It's late too but he decided call.
"Hello, This is Dontella Paige Alder speaking." The voice said.
He dropped the phone as soon he heard the voice. He was surprised because she sounded like the mysterious woman in his dreams. Maybe he is hallucinating, he thought. He picked up the phone and she has already hanged up. He texted her apologizing for what happened.
Carter: I'm sorry for not speaking when you picked up.
Ella: no problem. Who are you please?
Carter: I'm the CEO of Hubert's company. Sorry to call you this late. But I want to meet you tomorrow. Just you and me please. I can see you are a very busy person but I hope you can meet me. It will be brief I promise.
Ella: okay whatever. Goodnight. Please never call me at this time ever again!
Carter was happy that he can meet her. He wants to impress his grandfather. He trusted him with this project.
He was also curious to meet this multi-millionaire young woman. He was rich himself because he has his own company apart from their family company.

How was this chapter?
Please vote, comment and share