Chapter 9

600+ reads 🎉🎉🎉
Thank you very much😍
This is my best Christmas present I have gotten.
Yeah, I'm taking this as my Christmas gift from you😍
Thank y'all once again
Love 💕

Merry Christmas y'all 🎄🎁🎁🎄

Happy reading 📖

"Who the fuck is calling me at this time?" Ella groaned when she picked up the phone.
The person hanged up when she talked. She was about to call the Unknown number to find out the person. Suddenly, she received a message from the unknown number.
It was the CEO of the company she was collaborating with for the project.
"This man is so fucking annoying. How could he call her at this time of the night to talk about business. It's almost midnight!" She thought.

It was 9am in the morning, Carter was ready for his meeting with the CEO of Alder's manufacturing company. He texted her with the location and time but She hasn't replied yet. He decided to go and wait for her at the restaurant. He doesn't want to see his mother.
"Honey, where are you going? I thought you won't go to work today?" His mother approached him.
"Mom I have a meeting this morning. I will be back soon." He said.
"Really? I wanted to ask you why you are avoiding me. Is because of Bernice? I'm sorry for forcing you to date her." She sounded hurt.
"It's okay mom. Love you." He kissed her cheeks and left.

Carter has been waiting for almost two hours. He was getting tired of waiting for her,He felt humiliated. He hates it when someone keeps him waiting.
He texted her again and still no reply. He decided to leave. He paid the bill for the drink he took in.
He got and walked away. On his way, he bumped into someone. He didn't look at the person because he was pissed off.
"Sorry." He was about to walk away and the person pulled him back.

"Carter! Carter!Carter!" The person kept on repeating his name whiles crying.
"Who is this woman? She seems familiar especially her voice?" He thought.
The person hugged him tightly. "I have missed you so much. I knew you didn't die." She kept on crying whiles hugging him tightly.
"Who the fuck are you?!" Carter pushed her away. "Are you crazy or something? Don't you fucking come near me!! He shouted at her.
"It is me Paige! Your sweetheart. Carter, please don't do this! I am your...." Ella was cut off by Carter saying
"Are you a mad woman? Or you ate something from the floor before getting out of your house? And how did you know name?!"
Ella didn't care about the people looking at them.
"Carter don't do this. You vowed to love and never leave me! Why are you acting like you don't know me!" Ella couldn't control her tears. She was hurt. She can't believe what is happening. Why is Carter pretending not to remember her? Did he find another woman?" She couldn't think straight.
"Because I don't know you!! Stop embarrassing yourself woman!! Get out of my way!! You desperate woman!!" Carter pushed her and went away.
Ella sat on the floor crying. She didn't care about the people surrounding her. How could he do this to her? What did she do to deserve this kind of treatment from the man she has been looking for 5 years. Ella began hitting her chest. She wanted to pull out her heart. The pain is too much for to her handle.
Carter felt bad for treating that poor woman like that. His heart melted when she hugged him. The feeling he felt was unexplainable. "Is she someone from his past?
He suddenly remembered the voice on the phone last night. It was her! Why didn't he recognized her? He run back to the restaurant only to find her sitting on the floor hitting herself.
He run to her and picked her up. He didn't like the way people were looking at her. She is embarrassing herself!

How was this chapter?
Please vote, comment and share