Chapter 32

Happy reading 📖

Donatella's POV

"Mommy, when is daddy coming?" Jnr has been requesting for his dad for sometime now. Carter left about two hours ago and I guess he will be here anytime soon.

I know he will get mad at me if he sees that someone is following him. I sent one of my bodyguards to follow him. I know it's wrong to follow your husband's movement but I'm curious about something.

George called me three days ago in Canada telling me about Carter's original birth mother. He said the woman is in their house right now. I don't want to conclude yet because it could be a lie.
Flashback
Carter and Jnr are playing game and I'm in the kitchen preparing dinner. I still can't believe my family is complete now. I'm happy because my son is happy. He has always been dreaming of his father coming back. And I'm glad I never stopped believing that my husband was still alive.

"Ella, please your phone is ringing." The Maid picked up the phone for me. I checked the caller and it was George, I smiled. I'm going to tell him about all the good things that have been happening lately.

"Hey George." I said happily when I picked up the call.

"Hello Ella. How are you and your son doing?" He asked.

"We are good. Thank you for asking. What about you?" I replied.
"I'm doing great." He said.

"Now spill it" I started laughing. I know he calls anytime something is up. 

He laughed and said " you already know I called because I found out something."

"I know right" I smiled again.

"Ella, this time around what I found out will definitely shock so please go somewhere private."  He insisted.

I went to my office.
"I'm at my office. You can start talking." I said.
He sighed and spilled it out "Your husband's biological mother is back."
"What do you mean?!" I was shocked.
"Lisa is not Carter's real mom. Lisa tried to kill Linda and her children but Carter was left at home the day the accident happened."
"What!!! Why did she try to kill them?" I'm getting confused, why will she try to do that?
"Because she was in love with her sister's husband." 
"You mean that witch tried to kill her own fucking sister?!" I almost shouted.

"Yes Ella. But their father was only able to save the mother and Carter's brother died.  Lisa thought they've all died but when she got home, she saw Carter and Carter started calling her mom because they looked alike. Lisa forced Carter's father to marry her because of Carter. Mr Alder married Lisa to give Carter a mother."  I suddenly sat down to analyze what I just heard. That woman is  a witch! She is wicked and evil.

"Ella please don't tell Carter. It won't be good for his health. Promise me." He sounded worried about Carter.

"I... I pro...mise" I stammered.
"Paige" someone said and opened the door. It was Carter.

"I will call you again please." I quickly ended the call.

"I was looking for you." He quickly wrapped his hands around my waist.

"I was on the phone." I was breathing heavily.
"Are you okay? You seemed tensed" he pulled away and stared at my face.

"Yes I'm okay. It was just about business" I forced a smile.

"I know you are lying. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. We can talk about it when you want. I'm always here for you." He kissed my forehead and hugged me.
"Thank you for understanding" I tightened the hug.

"Ella, take the phone." Jnr's nanny tapped my shoulder. I came of out of my reverie.
I picked up the phone, it was the guard I sent.

"Ma'am please your husband has been sent to the hospital."
My heart stopped beating, "what happened to him?!" I queried.

"I don't know Ma'am." He stated.

"Just send the address of the hospital he was sent to." I said and ended.

I quickly rushed out of the house and headed to the hospital. God please don't let anything bad happen to him.

I got to the hospital. I quickly went and asked about Carter. Wondering what I told them? I said I was his wife and told the room he was.
Fuck!! That witch is here! I will comport myself. I will pretend I haven't seen her. I walked towards the room and she tried to stop me. What the fuck was she talking about? I will pretend I didn't hear. I will find my answers later.

I entered the room, when I saw I began to sob. What happened to my baby? He is my big baby.
I rushed to his side and gently hugged him and kissed his forehead. Hope he wakes up very soon.

How was this chapter?