Chapter 15

Happy reading 📖

Carter's POV

What is happening? Everything don't make sense. My mother told me everything about my past. I know she will never lie to me. Why did she changed my surname? I have so many questions. I have to confront her.
She is my mother and I know she wouldn't do such a thing. I learnt my father left us when I was still a child. He never cared about us.
I got to the company and quickly went to my office to change for the meeting.
My secretary entered and greet me.
"Sir, the chairman has canceled the meeting. Sorry I couldn't inform you earlier. It's because you hanged up the phone. The chairman has traveled to France early this morning." I groaned after she was done talking.
Why didn't grandpa called me?
"Where is the file?!" I barked at her.
Here sir, she placed it in front of me and left.
I begin to go through. I saw pictures of us.
I stared at the pictures and tears welled up in my eyes. Why can't I still remember the past. The doctor told me that it will come. I want my memory now.
I remembered incident yesterday. I now understand why she cried so hard. She thinks I'm dead.
Oh my God, I hurt her so bad. She must have suffered these past  years.
I read through her file and realized she left to Canada after my accident.
I need to look for information about my accident. What caused the accident?
My mother will never lie to me. Why did she lie? Was she trying to protect me?
I was in deep thoughts and I heard someone yelling.
"Sir!!" It was my crazy secretary.
"Why do you always yell at me?! I'm your boss!!!" I snorted at her.
"Boss! Let's forget about work now and let us talk." She rolled her eyes on me.
I laughed at her behavior.
"I know you very well Carter. I know you don't remember me. I am Paige's best friend. I was at your wedding. It was just me, Paige,George your closest pal and you. You loved her so much. You were always there whenever she is sad. You stayed in the same house with her. Your father was her dad's driver and your mother was a maid. You guys kept your relationship a secret even your marriage to her is a secret! Nobody knows that you got married except for me and George.
After your death, Paige was never the same again. She has been battling with depression for five years. She never believed that you were dead. We thought she was going insane.
She moved to Canada and I lost contact with her. When I found out that you were not dead, I applied to be your secretary. I am still looking for my best friend to tell her that you are still alive. You are the only who can make her happy. She has suffered enough. I'm glad you found her." She tried to stop her tears.
"Why did I marry her?" I asked her.
"Because her father always opposed your relationship. You even used her love for you to manipulate her into marrying you. You were scared to lose her. Your mother is so evil. She lied to you about your past. Your father adored you so much, always remember that. Take your time to find out about the truth. Your health is very important." After she was done talking, my head was spinning so bad.
"Aaaah!!" I groaned in pain.

Donatella's POV

"Mommy, I don't like this school." He began to cry.
"If I may ask gentleman,why?" He doesn't like going to school. The same thing happened in Canada when I sent him to his school.
"Because I...." he trailed off.
"It's okay big boy. You are going to have a wonderful time here." I kneeled to hug him. I kissed his forehead.
Finally, he is starting school and I'm going to start working intensively.

How was this chapter?

Please vote, comment and share