Chapter 13

Happy reading 📖
NB: This chapter contains massive grammatical errors!!!

Carter's POV

I remembered what Bernice told me. Is it true that he actually look like me? I didn't take a critical look at him. It's normal for people to look alike. It happens always so no need to worry about that.
I am going to my penthouse, I'm not going home. My mom probably knows what happened? Because Bernice can't keep her mouth shut. I'm not ready to face her confrontations.
My head is spinning again, I need to rest.
I am feeling dizzy, I think I'm going to pass out.
"Where am I?" I woke up on a bed.
"Mommy, he is awake now." I heard someone shouting.
"How do you feel now?" It was the voice of the mysterious woman in my dreams.
What is happening to me now? My vision became clearer. It was Mrs Alder! How did she found me. I thought she left with her son already. Why am I here?
I tried to get up, my head is seriously aching me.
This happens anytime I start to have flashbacks of my past. I don't understand why. My doctor told me not to force myself to remember anything, it will come naturally.
"Hey, please relax. You are in my house because you asked me not to send you to the hospital. I think you have to spend the night here. It's already past 6pm and you are still okay." She said.
"I have to go back home. My mom will be  worried about me. Thank you." I got up.
"You are not going anywhere!! The doctor said you need to rest more. And you are staying for the night!!" She said sternly.
"Okay." It was funny to me.
No woman has ever talked to me this way before, not even my mother.
"Junior, go and tell aunty to bring his food here." She ordered her son.

After eating, I sat up. And the little boy run to the bed. He was smiling at me. He does look like me.
"Big boy, what's your name?" I smiled back.
"Carter junior. My mommy named me after my dad." He said.
"I'm also called Carter." He looked surprised. Where is your daddy anyway?" I got curious.
"Mommy said he is missing but he will come back for us because he loves us so much." He got sad after talking.
"You are very adorable. I bet your daddy will be very proud of you." I honestly said.
"Really! I always wish he comes back soon. My mom is always crying every night. I get hurt too anytime I see her cry." He bowed down his head.
"He will come back soon." I pulled him for a hug.
"I don't hate you anymore sir." He whispered.
After awhile, he fell asleep in my arms. I can't explain how I'm feeling now. I feel happy and complete.
I pick up my phone to call my PA.
I requested for every information about Mrs Alder and her son.

Donatella's POV

I got to the bedroom where Carter's was sleeping, I saw him hugging my boy. I got so emotional. I couldn't control my tears. I wish he remembers me. We could have been one big happy family. I decided to leave them alone and work. The project is starting within this week  and I have to make sure every materials needed comes within two days.
When I saw him lying on the ground at the park, I panicked. I quickly approached him. I was about to call the ambulance and he stopped me. He told me to help him. He requested that I shouldn't send him to the hospital. I prayed silently, Deborah helped me put him in the car. I took his car key and gave it Deborah to drive his car. Deborah is my son's nanny and Ricky's wife.
I brought him to my house and called a doctor. The doctor quickly came and check up on him. He said he will be alright but he needs to stop trying to remember his past. I told the doctor about his condition.
I realized he is forcing himself to remember his past. I felt proud of him.

How was this chapter?
Hope you enjoyed

Please vote, comment and share ✌🏽