Chapter 33

Happy reading 📖

Donatella's POV

"What happened to you?" I began sobbing when I saw my husband lying down unconscious.

"Get the fuck out of here and never come back!!!! He doesn't need you in his life anymore!!" His imposter mother harshly told me.

I need to control myself before I beat this bitch. I'm glad she is no longer my
Mother in law. I can deal with her now. All the respect I had for her as my mother in law is gone. Whenever I see her, my heart wants to come out of my chest. She makes me so angry.

"If I may ask, what happened to him? Did you hit him with something or you tried to murder him? If I ever found out that you are involved in what happened to him, you will smell pepper." I rolled my eyes and concentrated back on my husband.

Finally, after few minutes of standing there and watching us she left. I held his hands and kissed the back of his palm.

"Love, wake up" I heard a voice calling me.
"Give me five minutes." I told the voice that talked to me.
"Sweetheart wake up, your phone has been ringing for awhile now." The voice talked again.

I slowly opened my eyes and realized I have been sleeping instead of taking care of my husband.

"Carter" I emotionally said and hugged him. I began kissing him all over his face. I felt relieved.

"What happened to you?" I asked him.
"Can we talk about it later? For now please get me out of here without my mom's knowledge.
"I'm going to inform the doctor that you are awake." I smiled and got up.

"No need to go out and call him. Have you wondered how you ended up in the couch and I'm kneeling beside you?" He laughed at whiles caressing my hair.

"O...oooh. Wait don't tell me you carried me here?" I bowed down my head. I felt so ashamed of myself.

"Well yes. I love taking care of you. You looked really beautiful when you were sleeping. I couldn't take my eyes of you. For your information the doctor left awhile ago with my grandpa. I didn't want to disturb your sleep." He smiled.

"Go and sleep on the bed please" I'm worried about him.

"Unless you come and lie beside me." He smirked.
"No!! I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." I was blushing so I bowed down my head.

"Then sweetheart, I'm not going back to the bed." He raised his eyebrows and smiled sweetly.
Oh my gosh, my heart is melting. I hugged him tightly. I'm so happy that I can't hide it anymore.

"Son, can we talk?" The witch entered without knocking.
She just spoiled my fucking mood!

"Okay mom" he said.

"She is not your mother." I said in my mind.

"Errrm, Ella can you please excuse us?" His imposter mother faked a smile.

"No." I rolled my eyes.

"Mom, Paige can stay here. Let's talk." He sounded angry.

"Why is he angry with his imposter mother?" I thought to myself.

"Son, I want us to talk privately. I don't want any intruder to hear our conversation. She said sarcastically.

"Paige is not an intruder. She is the love of my life." He proudly said.

I smirked at her and she frowned at me.

Carter went and sit on the bed to talk to his mother. I intentionally slept on the couch and closed my eyes.

"Son, you know I love you so much and I don't want to lose you. I know you are having a hard time to remember your past. What that woman said is not true. I'm your mother not her. She......" she was cut off by a woman who also entered without knocking. I think that must be the original mother.
"Son, listen to me, she is not your mother. I am your mother. She was crying and wanted to hug Carter but he pushed her away.

I think I have to step in before they make him pass out again.

"Please I think you have to talk about this issue later because my love is not in a good shape for this particular issue. I don't want him to pass out again" I politely told them.

"And who do you think you are?!! He is my son and I can decide whether to leave or not!!!" His imposter mother raised her voice at me.

I have to control myself before I disrespect her by beating the hell out of her.

"She is my wife!! And you have to listen to her! You must do exactly what she said! My husband angrily told her.

How was the chapter?