Chapter 28

Happy reading 📖

Carter's POV

I got home and looked around for Mildred. She is not around, where is she?
I'm sending her back to the US because she has to take care of something concerning the project. I have to inform her so that she gets ready to leave. I'm leaving with my family. I don't know how to tell Paige I want them to go with me.
I will try to tell them tomorrow.

I can't stop thinking about the kiss. She tasted like vanilla. Yeah she ate vanilla ice cream after dinner. She loves ice cream. I noticed it that she is always eating ice cream after dinner almost every time I am at her place. I didn't want to stop. I wanted to lavish her body. I should wait, it will soon happen right? Yeah I think so.

I was lost in my thoughts till I heard someone shouting angrily at me. It was Mildred. Am I the one she is shouting at?
"Are you listening to me?!" She barked again.
Are you fucking talking to me?!" I almost raised my voice.
"I'm sorry. It's just you weren't minding me.I'm sorry ba...Carter." I got and left her there. What is wrong with her? Why is she acting like a bitch.
"Carter wait" I stopped and turn around to look at her.
"What is it?!" I snapped.
"Don't you feel anything around m...e?" She was trembling.
"What do you mean?" I was confused.
"Carter, you know I have feelings for you since high school. I really love you. I have tried several ways for you to see it but you just can't see it. Can you start loving me back? I know you don't remember your love for Paige. Let's start everything afresh" she smiled and started walking towards me.
"Stop right there!! Were you even listening to yourself?! Why will I love you when I have a wonderful wife and an adorable son huh?! I choose to start everything new with my family! Let's be professional. Thank you!!" This woman is so crazy. This explains why she was acting like a hoe lately. Sorry to insult her but I think she deserves it. I can never be attracted to her. Maybe she is drunk.

Wait! You are leaving tomorrow. I have prepared everything. Your flight is 10 o'clock in the morning. Please get ready, you are going to supervise the project till I come. Goodnight." I left her dumbfounded.

Donatella's POV

I woke up in my office. I suddenly remembered last night. Can it be true or she was pranking me? Should I ask Carter or I should let him go? Fuck! Why can't I think straight?

"Mommy" I heard my son crying.
I forgot to prepare his food. He eats early morning before breakfast.
I got out of my office and went to his room. He wasn't there. Maybe he is at the kitchen waiting for his food.
"I'm so sorry baby. Mommy was working all night." I lied to him when I got to the kitchen.

I prepared cereals for him to eat. I feel so bad for starving my baby. I tried to feed him but he rejected it.
" I'm a big boy mommy. When is  Carter coming?" My son smiled. The name Carter provokes me now. I want to strangle him.
"I don't know baby." I replied.
"Good morning." My mom greeted.
"Good morning mom." I said.
"Can I have a talk with you?" She pointed her finger at me.
Why is she angry?
"Grandma, you didn't give me my morning kiss" Jnr pouted his face.
"I am sorry." She came to kiss him and drag me out.

"What is wrong with you?!" She asked furiously.
"Nothing mom." I looked away.
"Are you sure? I know you so well because I gave birth to you!" She barked at me.
"Why are behaving like this mom? What did I do?" I queried.
"I saw what happened last night. How dare you allow her to leave this place without beating the hell of out her? She was talking nonsense. I know you somehow believed her. Think Ella! If he doesn't love you, he wouldn't come here everyday and spend the day with Jnr and you. I want you to continue to fight for your man and your family. He loves you so much. I know it's what you want to hear. Be strong and ready to fight every obstacle. He left his work for you! Don't let that bitch fool you." My mom wiped my tears with her hands.
"Thank you mom. This is what I wanted to hear. You know me so well." I hugged her and continued to cry.

"Good morning" we pulled away when we heard a voice.  It was Carter.
"Good morning." My mom responded.
"Why are you crying?" He sounded worried.
"It's nothing" I used my hand to wipe away my tears.
"I don't believe you. I hate seeing you cry. Tell me what's wrong?" He caressed my face.
"I miss my husband." I said and hugged him. I didn't care about my mom watching us. I know she is surprised. I will explain everything to her later.

How was this chapter?