Chapter 29

60k reads!!!!! Thank y'all very much!! ❤️❤️❤️
I appreciate everyone for reading, commenting and sharing.  Thank you once again ❣️
Love y'all ❤️❤️

Happy reading 📖

Carter's POV

I hate seeing her cry. I will punch the one who caused her to cry again. Jnr told me about her mommy crying every night and anytime she is alone. It's my fault!! If I didn't leave her none of this would have happened.

Mildred is preparing to leave this morning. I left her at the penthouse to pack her things. I know I have hurt her feelings but I have to do it before she destroys my relationship with my wife. I still don't understand what has come over her to react this way. We were very cool friends, I used to enjoy her company.

"I missed my wife." I pulled her and kissed her on the forehead.
I'm sorry for leaving you to suffer alone. I might not remember you well but I have done my investigations on you. I now understand why I kept hearing your voice in my dreams these past few years. I'm so sorry sweetheart. Tears welled up in my eyes. I'm here now baby, I'm going to make you happy again. I will never leave you again. You are my family. She kept staring at me in the eyes. She wasn't talking she was froze. She looked so surprised of my confession.

I used my hands to cover her cheeks and kiss her eyes,It was swollen. I kissed her nose and I slowly descended to her lips. We are in our own world right now. The kiss is getting heated. It is full of emotions and passionate. I have even forgotten that her mom is standing there.

"I think you two have explanations to do!!" We stopped kissing when we heard a voice. Paige buried her face on my chest and I wrapped my hands around her. She makes me feel complete.

We went to the living room to explain ourselves. Her mom keep glaring at me and I'm getting scared. What if she doesn't accept me?
"Carter!! You are here! I missed you." Jnr run to my arms.
"I miss you too big boy." I kissed his cheeks and he chuckled.
"Who is starting?!" Her mom snarled.
"Mom! Jnr is here. Don't you think he should go to his room first?" Paige pouted her her face. She feels so embarrassed because of how her mom found that we are married.
"I don't think so Mrs Alder or I should say Mrs Hubert?" She smirked. " I think it's time for Jnr to meet his daddy." She said.
"Carter Jnr, do you want to know your daddy?" She shifted her attention to our son.
"Yes grandma. Who is my daddy? Mommy, is daddy finally here to see us?" He asked his mother. Paige nodded her and tears started coming from her eyes.
"Carter is your daddy." She finally let it out.
Jnr puzzled looking at me. He covered my cheeks with his small hands.
"Are you really my daddy? Where were you? I missed you daddy." A big grin formed on his face.

I hugged my boy. I'm so emotional this morning. Paige joined us hugging. My beautiful family! I'm so complete and happy.
"Family time is over!" Paige's mom happily shouted.
Now start explaining yourself!" She frowned.
"Ma'am we.." Paige cut me off.
"Carter you don't really remember everything. I will do the talking." She smiled.
She started explaining everything to her mom and I must say her mom looked so amused and happy at the same time.
"Carter get up!!" She yelled. I got really scared. Is she going to slap me for manipulating her daughter to marry me? I deserve a slap for what I did.
She suddenly hugged me and whispered " you are welcome to my family."

Family reunion ☺️
How was this chapter?