─ tony stark ᵗ

STATUS: available [ ] taken [×]
by 

* MEANS IT CAN BE CHANGED

TITLE: Death*
FANDOM: MCU/Marvel
LOVE INTEREST(s): Tony Stark
TIMELINE: AU/Your Choice—Endgame

CAST

lana parilla as
MARLOWE RYDER / MISTRESS DEATH

lana parilla asMARLOWE RYDER / MISTRESS DEATH

DESCRIPTION

Cosmic level entities are also known as the most powerful beings in the multiverse, since they oftentimes embody concepts that cannot be escaped. Concepts such as time, sentience, space, order, chaos and death. Of course, these beings are capable of taking human form to interact with regular human beings, though this is not something they do very often. Or, at least, not something that most of them do very often.

Death is the end of all things, the end of space, time and the universe itself. Unlike most cosmic level entities, Death likes to take on human form and walk amongst men and women who will one day belong to them.

Death does not often form attachments to people, knowing where their life will lead and how fleeting it truly is. The last time she'd taken a semblance of an interest in someone, just to show them who they really were, it had gotten out of hand and she had sworn that she would never do such a thing again.

And she keeps her oath. Until she meets a man who has come so close to her realm so many times and is so haunted by it that she can't help but be intrigued. The closer she comes with the man, the more she doesn't care that she's breaking her oath.

And when her past starts tearing the universe apart in a pitiful attempt to impress her, she knows it's time to finally get involved.

QUOTES

❝It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.❞

❝You don't know who I am. After all this time, you are still as clueless as they all are.❞
— Marlowe

❝So what do I call you? Death? Miss Death? Queen Death?❞
❝Marlowe will still suffice. Though, if you do insist, I do answer to Mistress Death.❞
❝Of course you do.❞
— Tony and Marlowe

ADDITIONAL NOTES

› so someone has to take this before I write it myself

› this is a plot I did initially plan on writing myself, but I didn't really know how to start so I gave up on it and this plot shop provided a wonderful opportunity to let it get the love it deserves

› basically, I'm leaning more into the Infinity Gauntlet story of the comics for this, while still combining it with the actual story of Infinity War.

› Death/Marlowe Ryder met Thanos when he was still a child on Titan and attempted to show him who he truly was (ruthless, a killer, etc. etc. you can watch the Marvel TL;DR on the Infinity Gauntlet story for more info) and then it went too far and she noped right the fuck out of there, but he didn't forget about her. So yeah his main goal is to bring balance to  ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶  the universe, he also knows that doing this has to impress Death, right, so all the better.

› except that she's not impressed. Not by a longshot.

› she's impressed by Tony, who she's come close to having in her realm like.... a lot

› I honestly don't know how Marlowe and Tony meet for the first time. Well, not the first time, she's kind of been there, lingering every single time he's almost died, but in her earthly body, they've never met. So I don't know how they meet, because he doesn't know that she's Death. That doesn't come till later. This is the part I struggled with when I was gonna write it.

› if you make Pepper a bitch in this, I'm taking back the plot. Her and Tony may not be together in this, but that doesn't mean she still doesn't care about him as a friend and she definitely won't be a bitch to Marlowe if she's making Tony happy

› this story will, of course, lead into Infinity War and then Endgame, as Marlowe has a direct tie to the cause of all of this

› what they do in the five years between IW and Endgame, is up to you. Do they have a kid? Do they not? It's all up to you, I originally came up with this before Endgame came out so I don't really have any ideas on that front.

› however, after Endgame, I do have an idea. Tony dying doesn't have to be the end for them. She is Death, after all. They can still be together. This is where them having kids would complicate matters, but I leave it all up to you!

› you cannot change the faceclaim or her name. I actually took that name from the names that Death uses in the comics and Lana is literally perfect for this role.

› I have a couple screenshots of the characters info/stats I wrote up for her that whoever takes this plot can have