─ hope van dyne

STATUS: available [ ] taken [×]
requested by dunbonnet

* MEANS IT CAN BE CHANGED

TITLE: Symbiosis*
FANDOM: Marvel/MCU
LOVE INTEREST(s): Hope van Dyne
TIMELINE: AU*—Ant-Man—AatW:QM

CAST

amy acker* as
EDWINA "EDIE" BROCK*

amy acker* asEDWINA "EDIE" BROCK*

DESCRIPTION

Though her life had never been perfect, Edwina "Edie" Brock followed her heart and after many trials, eventually found her way to as close to perfect as a life could be. She was working in a field she loved, having been given an amazing opportunity that allowed her to grow in that field, she was engaged to a woman she loved and imagined building a future with. Everything was good, Edie was happy and she believed that all the bad times in her life were behind her and she was heading towards better and brighter times.

But all that is good is not meant to last. One fatal mistake, seemingly small at the time, brings Edie's world crashing down around her. She loses her job, her fiancée, her home. Everything she once cherished was ripped away and the only person she had to blame was herself.

And it is in this slump that Edie reconnects with someone who had merely been an acquaintance. Seeing Hope van Dyne again is like a turning point in Edie's life. While their time together is spent not talking, catching up, instead taking down a power hungry CEO that looks like he's losing it (something Edie will grow to be very familiar with), it makes Edie believe that everything will be alright.

Perhaps it's her cosmic karma for ruining her former fiancée's life, perhaps just the universe laughing at her for thinking that a heist was the point in her life things started getting good again, but whatever it is, it brings her back to the very organization that ruined her life. Edie is given a second chance at proving the Life Foundation isn't everything it says it is and this leads her to a parasitic (or most definitely not a parasite) alien that wants to share Edie's body and maybe, just maybe, fight crime. But they'll need to find their perfect symbiosis before that happens. And Edie knows all too well that perfect is hard to attain.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

› aight, we all know the drill by this point so I will start this off by apologizing this took so long to complete. I genuinely don't know how my brain didn't see "Venom in the MCU" and go into overdrive given how much I love Eddie Brock but here we are

› and, as always, I hate most of the summary so please make it better

› face claim can be changed, I would like to discuss it if you want to. I do have one alternate I found but I really love Amy Acker as Edie.