─ peter quill ᵃ

STATUS: available [×] taken [ ]

* MEANS IT CAN BE CHANGED

TITLE: Deathbird*
FANDOM: MCU/Marvel
LOVE INTEREST(s): Peter Quill
TIMELINE: GotG vol. 1--Endgame*

CAST

alexandra daddario* as
CAL'SYEE "CAL" NERAMANI
/ DEATHBIRD

alexandra daddario* asCAL'SYEE "CAL" NERAMANI/ DEATHBIRD

chris pine as
PETER QUILL / STAR LORD

chris pine asPETER QUILL / STAR LORD

DESCRIPTION

In Shi'arian culture, there is an emphasis on learning and absorbing other cultures while keeping the rigidity of their own. Most Shi'arian children learned as many languages as possible in their schooling and they also learn the storied history of their people and how their empire had expanded past their home planet of Chandilar.

Among her fellow people, Cal'syee Neramani (eldest child of the royal family and heir to the crown) was seen as a mutant and defective. Though the Shi'ar were avian-descended, the remnants of their avian traits were small. They had feathered crests atop their heads, hollow bones and on their forearms, there were still some vestigial feathers left of wings that were lost over millions of years of evolution. But not Cal'syee. No, she was a genetic anomaly; a mutant, for she had a full set of wings growing from her back. And on top of that, since most Shi'ar do not dream, Cal'syee was deemed defective for being able to dream.

Cal'syee's upbringing was not a happy one. Hidden from sight as much as possible due to her mutation, her parents and sister did not treat her well in the privacy of their home. And then one day it finally came to a head when her younger sister Lilandra frames her for the murder of their mother. 

Cal'syee fled Chandilar to avoid being arrested and killed for a murder she did not commit. She took the alias Deathbird or went by simply Cal to cover her identity while on the run, doing what she had to do to survive. She thinks it's all over when she's thrown in the Kyln and they discover her identity, but it's just her luck that a mismatched group of others are planning an escape.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

› please change the summary, I'm just gonna say that upfront.

› so, the Shi'ar. They have a storied history in the comics and I will send you all the links you need to know about them to write the story. But the basics are that they are an Empire and have expanded past Chandilar to other planets, taking them over and taking them into their empire. The people are avian descended, meaning once, many many many centuries ago, they did all have wings. Now only "mutants" have wings. They also do not dream and if you do you are deemed defective.

› Cal is the eldest child of the Emperor of the Shi'ar and his wife, the Empress. They were not named in the comics as far as I'm aware, so feel free to make up names for them as you wish as long as they feel like they fit. She has a younger sister named Lilandra and a brother, D'Ken, who becomes the next heir when Cal is framed for the murder of their mother.

› after Lilandra frames Cal and she's forced to run away, she goes all over the place. She commits crimes, does things she never thought she would, all in an attempt to get by and not get found out. No one really suspects that she's Shi'arian because they don't have wings anymore, so she's probably some other species. Having wings is rare enough that most people would believe this.

› eventually, she is arrested, escapes, is found and arrested again and put into the Kyln. It is here that they discover who she is and contact the Shi'ar. They send someone to collect her, but before they arrive, Cal has escaped with the Guardians.

› the person that they send is Ava'dara Naganandini aka Warbird. In an attempt to get Cal, she makes an uneasy alliance with Ronan and in the end, she will switch sides and help Cal and the Guardians escape, but refuse to join them in the end. But she has to keep up the idea of the pursuit, so she lets them go to give Cal a headstart. I can see her finally switching sides in GotG vol 2, but I honestly don't know. If you do include her and have her switch sides, her love interest could be Gamora. Ava'dara is also defective and can dream, but she keeps it a secret.

› since vol. 2 takes place only a couple of months after vol. 1 and then Infinity War takes place four years later, I would suggest taking some time in that four year gap to have Cal get "caught" and brought back to Chandilar where she is eventually cleared of all charges and Lilandra is arrested in her place. Since she would now be able to take her place as heir again since she's been cleared of all charges, Cal will abdicate and let her brother become Emperor. She has a taste for adventure and would like to keep doing it. Her brother will make it clear that she is welcome back at any time and can resume being a princess or advisor and have a position of high respect in the court if she so wishes

› as for Peter and Cal's relationship... well, I mostly leave that up to you

› in all honesty, I can see them being a slow burn or fast burn. I can see them getting together officially at the end of vol. 1 or the part where they reveal she was framed for killing her mom. They should be together by Infinity War, though

› Cal will dust

› After they're brought back, she would help the Guardians (and possibly Ava'dara) find Gamora

› and since that's all we've got to work off of at the moment, I leave the rest to you. Make sure to run any major changes or any questions at all by me. I am happy to help you work through anything.