─ thor

STATUS: available [ ] taken [×]
requested by -sebstanstan

* MEANS IT CAN BE CHANGED

TITLE: Ensoul*
FANDOM: Marvel
LOVE INTEREST(s): Thor
TIMELINE: AU - Endgame*

CAST

colin morgan as
CIAN mac NUADA

colin morgan asCIAN mac NUADA

DESCRIPTION

The planet of Annwn is the home of the De Danann people and though they are notable people of themselves, the planet is more well known for being the home of one of the Infinity Stones. As the keepers of the Soul Stone, the De Danann are regarded as mysterious for though their planet is beautiful and diverse and welcoming to all, no one has yet to claim the Soul Stone for themselves. So, if in all the many, many, many years the Stone has been known to be on Annwn, no one has been able to claim it, what must the cost of it be? Or, perhaps worse, what are the De Danann capable of to keep it safe and protected all this time?

Cian is one of the Princes of Annwn. He loves his people and his home and is well-loved in return, he has seen most of what his planet has to offer and though he loves to stare at the stars and the moons, he has no strong, burning desire to leave. He is content at home with his family and his people.

When they receive a visitor in the form of Thor, Prince of Asgard and God of Thunder, on his hunt to discover and learn about the mysterious Infinity Stones, Cian is more than intrigued. He has never met someone like Thor, with all his stories and travels, not to mention the more than breathtaking good looks. So when Thor decides he will make the pilgrimage to claim the Stone for himself, Cian joins him. After all, he is more connected to the Stone than anyone knows.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

› Cian (with a hard c sound) is the second born, meaning unless something happens to his older brother, he won't be King, unlike Thor. But though he is aware of this, he has never been bitter about it. If he was one day going to be King, he wouldn't get to travel all over Annwn.

› His family is as follows: Nuada Aigetlam (mac Nemed), his father the King who lost his arm in a battle and had it replaced with a silver prosthetic, which is where the epithet after his name comes from. Edainn, his mother the Queen, she is gentle and soft and was a healer before becoming Queen. Fiaka, his older brother who will one day be King, he is very much a leader and warrior. Brig, Cian's younger twin sister who he is very close to and that takes after their mother. And finally, Boand, his maternal aunt who is the High Priestess of the temple that houses the Soul Stone.

› Places on Annwn: Connla is the great sea, Fintan is the mountain range, Torai is the forest, Ushnagh is the desert and Tir na Nogh is the volcano. The capital city is Murias and other city names could be Finias, Falias and Gorias. Bru na Boynn is the temple that houses the Soul Stone. Tamhare is the name of the castle if you want to name it, you don't have to.

› Annwn has three moons and they are named after three legendary/mythical enemies that were defeated by being sent out into space and turned into moons, where they were caught by the planet's gravitational pull or whatever it's called. They are named Balor, Cichol and Tethra. They are red, yellow and blue tinged.

› To get the Soul Stone, you must make the pilgrimage through each of the "biomes" of Annwn. There is a temple in each of them and once completing the test there, a sort of portal opens up that will transport you into the next biome, where you must then travel to the next temple, do the test, rinse and repeat till you reach Bru na Boynn. I will tell you the trick with this one privately for spoiler reasons, though as requested, there is still a sacrifice necessary.

› I will say that the pilgrimage isn't strictly necessary. It is culturally accepted and respected that you do it to prove yourself worthy of claiming the stone. That being said, Thanos could just bust down the doors in Bru na Boynn and force them to let him into the inner sanctum where the stone is kept.

› Cian, like I mentioned, is connected to the Soul Stone. He (and his sister) was born on the day that his aunt became High Priestess. They were actually born on the very day she did the ceremony, as the High Priestess is the only one who ever actually sees the Soul Stone. At the very moment that Boand "made contact" with the stone, Cian was born. And the trick with this is that there is a kind of... global reaction to this first contact. A release of magic, let's say. And it connected to Cian as it happened at the same moment as his birth and, I guess, confused it with being a part of the process, something that was connected.

› so, yes, Cian does have some abilities, though few people know. His family, really, are the only ones. His powers are connected to the planet itself, so animals are very friendly with him, he has some control over nature and lesser so water. You can add others if you want.

› We can work together on what the tests will be, though they should have a focus on the "element" each biome where it's located is, and not harming the planet and animals and stuff like that. For example, if one of them was something like a maze, while you could just bash and hack your way through, that would cause you to fail as you've not respected the planet and the purpose of the test, if that makes sense.

› I think Cian and Thor would be kind of medium burn as Cian is definitely immediately attracted to Thor and just keeps seeing reasons to fall for him as they get to know each other. I imagine by the end of their pilgrimage together, they're both head over heels and at least admit they like each other, whether you want them to actually get together then is up to you.

› It's up to you if Cian leaves with Thor when he finds his way to Muspelheim and is captured by Surtur then goes back to Asgard and there's Ragnarok and all that.

› Instead of going to Nidavellir, I imagine Thor would go to Annwn to protect Cian (if he's still there) and try and stop Thanos from getting the Soul Stone, though obviously they're not successful. If you want them to go to Nidavellir after, they can but since Thor thinking he needs a new hammer after kinda defeats the whole lesson he learned in Ragnarok, that's up to you.

› Cian wouldn't dust for reasons that are spoilers and also possibly a previous choice that is also spoilers.

› For the five years between IW and Endgame, he'd probably be in New Asgard with Thor, disappointed in him or if you want to change how he coped because he had Cian, you can do that too.

› Cian definitely joins the Time Heist, going with Thor.

› In the final battle, he kicks ass and possibly helps Strange with holding back the water as he has some control over water, so he can help take the strain off of Strange.

› After the funeral, he goes with Thor and the Guardians.

› the title can be changed but I chose Ensoul because it means "to endow with a soul" and given the Soul Stone... I don't know, it felt fitting.

› if you need help with any of the names, I can help. They're all based off of Welsh and Gaelic so I know they're hard. I did change a few of them so they'd look more like they were supposed to be pronounced.

› and, of course, I will share the Pinterest board I put together for this with you. No one can ever say I don't put my all into everything I create.