─ t'challa

STATUS: available [ ] taken [×]
requested by dunbonnet

* MEANS IT CAN BE CHANGED

TITLE: Degree of Separation*
FANDOM: Marvel/MCU
LOVE INTEREST(s): T'Challa Udaku
TIMELINE: Pre-Civil War-Endgame*

CAST

maisie richardson-sellers as
AKHONA MLAMBO

maisie richardson-sellers asAKHONA MLAMBO

DESCRIPTION

TO THE REST OF THE WORLD, WAKANDA WAS just another small African country. They were a small isolationist landlocked country surrounded by mountain ranges and a thick forest. Not many people knew all that much about them. But the people of Wakanda knew that they had something that was truly special and unique in the world.

VIBRANIUM. A NEARLY INDESTRUCTIBLE METAL with about as many uses as one could imagine using it for. They kept their precious metal a secret from the rest of the world, using it to advance their own society. And even when some managed to escape from the country, it was still mostly a mystery of where it truly came from.

KHWEZI MLAMBO DID NOT AGREE WITH his king about how they used Vibranium. He had seen the mines, the raw metal in it's truest element. He knew that there was much more than their most precious commodity than anyone else could see. But no one would give him the funds, space or even the permission to examine it and experiment with it. So he took matters into his own hands.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

› as I feel is a theme with me, sorry this took so long. I have no excuse, just that my brain hates me.

› please change the summary. I hate it. The title too, I couldn't think of anything.

› basically, Khwezi Mlambo is Akhona's uncle. Her father, Khanyiso, worked in one of the vibranium mines in some degree. Presumably, given that Akhona and T'Challa are friends, he's probably got a pretty high up position. 

› Not thinking anything of it, Khanyiso allowed his brother inside the mine he worked at. It wasn't like "yes, look at the vibranium" it was "oh hey, bro, I'll let you in to come and say hi" not knowing what would really happen

› Khwezi knew that there had to be more to vibranium than everyone thought. Sure, it's their precious and special metal from the gods,  but not just every metal can absorb and redirect kinetic energy, there has to be more to it. 

› Not to mention the fact that its radiation is what gave way to the Heart-Shaped Herb that creates the Blank Panther and could literally make people sick if they were exposed to it for too long, which is why they automated their mining process so quickly