0 - Prologue

ELITE || エリート
CHAPTER ZERO

ELITE || エリートCHAPTER ZERO

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Y/N L/N

The girl with (h/c) locks with a streak of silver in them that flew in the wind. The girl who had piercing (e/c) orbs, practically saying everything when her mouth wouldn't. (Y/N) (L/N), the girl who was dubbed "Angel Of The Court" when she made her middle school debut.

(Y/N) had killer spikes, not to mention the speed she zoomed at. One game, she spiked a volleyball and it deflated once it it the other court. Not only that, (Y/N) had deadly jump serves. Serves that would get service aces every time she was in for serving, even if the opposing team would be able to receive them - the ball would spiral out of control and out of bounds due to the sheer force that was put into it. Her team liked to call them 'Satan's Serves.'

She was a volleyball hybrid. Her serves match Tooru Oikawa's. Her spikes on-par, if not surpassing, Wakatoshi Ushijima's monster spikes. Even her receives are clean, but that's from all the practicing she did.

Despite this, (Y/N) was friendly and kind whenever you talked with her. She got amazing grades, she would always led a helping hand whether it be tutoring or just listening to people's problems. She rarely cursed or did anything bad to other people.

Captain of the girls team at her middle school during her last year at Kaito Final Academy in Tokyo. She wore the black and blue uniform that represented her school, titled 'Ace' by her team. Recognized for her talents, her team was recognized by the media. (Y/N)'s title as Captain and Ace carried through the wind.

She loved volleyball, she was immersed in the sport ever since her older brother started playing in his middle school days at Kaito Final. Her brother practically taught her everything, with the large age gap, she learned advanced tricks and attacks that nobody at her age would know.

In fact, she had ties to major powerhouse schools all over Japan. Nekoma, Aoba Josai, Fukoradani - Even Shiratorizawa.

Thanks to her brother, Haru (L/N), a former alumni at Karasuno High School, a boy that once went to Nationals and played with the Tiny Giant, she learned most of her volleyball skills and techniques from him.

Everything was amazing for (Y/N), she went to Nationals for middle school, facing against Shiratorizawa's girl's team that was no doubtingly strong-willed. Being her last year at Kaito Final, she wanted to win.

During that game, she tried blocking a high-impact spike. In the process, the strength that was put into the spike was deadly. The pain was instantly inflicted, a sharp pain hitting her hand and catching her off-balance. This caused her footing to sprawl into something that she wouldn't land on. Once she hit the ground, she didn't do it gracefully.

She landed on her inflicted hand, making the pain even more worse. At that moment, (Y/N) didn't realize that she dislocated her wrist.

She recalled it vividly, maybe too much.

///

Her body hit the waxed court floor, a loud shriek of pain following next. She was in too much pain to get up, she couldn't help the salty feeling in her eyes dropping out of her glossed (e/c) orbs.

The gym went silent. The cheering stopped as her team gathered around their captain. Shiratorizawa stood there, stunned. Unable to even speak a word.

Her teammates were shaking, covering their mouths to hope and stifle the sobs that would choke out. Kaito was broken within seconds.

Y/N hated seeing the frowns and dispersing hope come from her teammates, it was engraved in her mind - always playing like a record on repeat. It wasn't static or fuzzy, the memory was vivid and clear, like she was experiencing it all over again.

It was trauma that came with the wrist dislocation. And she blamed it all on herself. The poor angel blamed everything on herself, to her teams loss and to the dislocation.

The precious Angel has fallen from her heavens and onto earth with a broken wing.

It was just a vibe check from God - and Y/N didn't pass.

Y/N was carried out as the gym slowly clapped for the preformance that she and her team did.

For both the teams, they postponed their match till she got better.

But for both teams, they both didn't make it past the quarterfinals of Nationals.

(Y/N)'s injury lasted three months, she took rehab for her injured wrist - practicing her sets, cleaning all her dirty techniques she used to use in game. Unfortunately, the rest of her third year was exactly three months from when she injured herself.

So, she went into high school without a red cast around her right hand. Of course, she wanted to play - but maybe it's better if she put her legacy to rest and start a brand new chapter of her story.

Starting with Karasuno High School.

-

hey, thanks for picking Elite for your book of choice.

small disclaimer, i do not own any haikyu!! characters or the series. all credit goes to our lord and savior haruichi furudate.

i only own some side characters that progress the story.

K E Y
- - -
(First Name) THEN (Last name)
- ik people say L/N first but it's easier this way of that's okay -
Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Last Name
E/C - Eye Colour
H/C - Hair Colour
F/N - Friend's Name
F/F - Favourite Food
- End Of Chapter

Most Authors Notes will be short, they're usually just a check up on reality and too see where I'm at with this book