chapter three

Taehyung awoke to tremendous pain.

His spine felt like it had broke into a million pieces and his skin burned. He groaned softly, suddenly remembering what had happened when he passed out.

The werewolves. They probrably took him back to the their pack.

Taehyung heard soft, hushed whispers all around him, as if people had encircled him. From his sense of smell and touch, he could make out about a few dozen werewolves surrounding him.

Taehyung was chained by his wrist to a pole. He could move his feet, but that was just about it.

He also realised there was a piece of cloth covering his face, from nose to mouth, which made it even more harder to breath.

He opened his eyes groggily, earning gasps and whispers from the crowd as they saw the vampire wake up.

The sun shone brightly at him, causing Taehyung to hiss in pain. He heard footsteps approach him and faint murmuring, which he recognised was the two werewolves earlier.

"Well, well. Guess little boy over here woke up. Damn, you were a pain in the ass to catch." Jackson glared, rubbing his head a little from the branch earlier.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes as he growled softly, not liking being tied up.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at Jackson.

"It was just a fucking branch, Jackson. Deal with it, dimwit." He scoffed.

Jackson pretended to be hurt, clutching his heart in pretend pain.

"Ouch, Yoongi. I think your words hurt more than that branch ever did."

Taehyung had to admit, he would have laughed if he hadn't been in such a situation.

Suddenly, a dark voice echoed through the clearing.

"What is it this time?" A cold, deep voice said, snapping Yoongi and Jackson from their childish conversation.

"Alpha Jeon!" Jackson said, bowing lowly.

"No need to do that Jackson. I'm not a king or anything." The alpha shook his head.

"I apologise on behalf of Jackson, alpha. It seems that branch hit him harder than i thought." Yoongi snickered.

"Why, you-"

"Why am i here again?" The alpha muttered.

"We found an intruder, Jungkook." Yoongi said, gesturing to Taehyung who just glared.

Taehyung turned to take a look at the alpha and almost choked.

The alpha had raven-black hair, swept neatly into a hairstyle. His charcoal eyes were close to the colour black, staring deeply into Taehyung's soul.

Taehyung didn't know why, but he felt entranced by those deep eyes, feeling like he could drown in them.

And, boy, the sweet, musky scent radiating off of him had him craving for more.

Unbenknownst to Taehyung, his vampire was going haywire, wanting to be closer towards the alpha male.

Jungkook's ears perked up at the mention of an intruder, eyes turning dark.

"Intruder? Him? Why, what a pesky human." Jungkook jeered.

Taehyung snapped out of his phase of admiring the god-like alpha.

Instead, he growled at him, not liking that he had called him a "pesky human".

"Yeah. This human caused a workout. Like, how on earth was he able to jump from branch to branch?" Jackson huffed.