chapter twenty-nine

Taehyung groaned, eyes fluttering open slowly.

He closed his eyes shut, his eyes not used to the sudden bright lights that filled the room. Slowly, he blinked his eyes, getting adjusted to his new surroundings.

Taehyung tried to sit up, instantly regretting his decision as he felt a sharp pain coming from his chest area.

He looked down, taking note of the many bandages that were wrapped around his body.

After a few tries, Taehyung managed to painstakenly sit up, clutching his stomach area as he looked around at his surroundings.

He was in a pearly white room, a few small pots of plants sitting neatly on the nearby windowsill. There were a few weird machinery and a few other white beds in the room, similar to that of which Taehyung was on.

Taehyung clutched his throbbing head, a painful headache residing in it.

Why was he here again?

Suddenly, the memories of Siyeon and the fight that they had came flooding into his mind. He remembered how he had freed the shewolf's soul and how she had explained that Eun-jung had forced her to get rid of him.

That's when the memory of Jungkook popped into his mind.

Taehyung remembered seeing the worried expression written all over the alpha's face as he rushed towards him, before he finally collapsed due to pain and exhaustion.

Taehyung's eyes widened.

He had to find Jungkook.

Taehyung quickly got up, a sudden pain shooting up his spine as he hissed.

His hand clutched onto the side of the bed, balancing himself as he closed his eyes in sheer agony.

"Shit...that fight really did something to me, huh?" He whispered to himself.

He heard the door open, instantly hearing a gasp as hurried feet rushed over to him.

"Taehyung! You're not supposed to be out of bed!" A familiar and sweet voice scolded, instantly placing the brunette back onto the white sheets.

Taehyung looked up, instantly recognising the face of Jin, who was smiling.

"Hello, hyung." He uttered, his voice soft and raspy from the lack of use.

Jin knew this, so he rushed over to get a glass of water for the smaller male, who accepted it gratefully.

"Thank you, hyung." Taehyung thanked, instantly gulping down the drink as he sighed in relief, feeling the cool liquid ease the burn in his throat.

Jin smiled happily, grabbing a clipboard as he sat down beside the smaller brunette.

"How are you feeling, Taehyung?" Jin asked.

"Fine, i guess. I mean, my chest still hurts like a bitch, but other than that, everything's okay." Taehyung replied.

Jin laughed, hearing Taehyung's statement.

He looked at Taehyung again as he suddenly pulled the other into a light hug, surprising the smaller male.

"Oh, thank goodness you're fine." Jin muttered under his breath.

"What do you mean, hyung?" Taehyung asked, slowly pulling away from the embrace.

Before Jin could say anything, the door flung open, revealing a hysterical Jimin and a Yoongi who was trying to calm the other male down.

When the pink-haired male's eyes finally landed on the brunette, tears started collecting in his eyes.

"Taehyungie!" He screamed, rushing over to the male as he tackled the other into a big, bear hug.