chapter thirteen

Yoongi ran into the clearing, not knowing where Lukros wanted to meet.

The thought of Lukros made Yoongi's blood boil to no end.

What did Lukros do to Lilly? Did he hurt her? Why did he do this?

Yoongi was snapped out of his thoughts when a laugh echoed throughout the forest.

In the darkness, Yoongi made out a tall figure, a smaller, stumbling figure following beside it.

"Lilly." Yoongi whispered, making his way towards his mate.

"Nu-uh. Not so fast." Lukros smirked, bringing a knife up to Lilly's neck as the female trembled in fear.

"Y-yoongi..." Lilly sobbed, fat tears dripping down her face.

Yoongi's hand clenched tightly onto the vial, glaring in anger at the smirking male.

"Hand her over, Lukros." Yoongi said through gritted teeth.

Yoongi watched as Lukros's smirk grew bigger.

He watched in anger as Lukros leaned in towards Lilly's neck, sucking and lapping the skin there as he made marks along her skin as the female whimpered in pain.

"Why you little f--"

Yoongi took a step towards them, eyes widening as Lukros brought the knife closer towards Lilly's neck.

"I don't think so." Lukros said.

Yoongi growled, eyeing Lukros's marks on his mate's skin.

"Y-yoongi...d-don't do it. Y-you know it's dangerous..." Lilly stuttered, Yoongi's gaze softening as he looked at his mate.

"I have no choice, love." Yoongi replied.

"N-no. It's d-dangerous for everyone. And when in the wrong hands--" Lilly stuttered, whimpering as she felt the knife being pressed harshly onto her skin.

Yoongi growled, holding out the vial with the glowing liquid.

"Let her go, Lukros. And you'll get what you want." Yoongi said, eyeing Lukros cautiously, afraid the other would hurt his mate.

"Hand it over first, Yoongi." Lukros ordered, earning a glare from the other.

"How do i know you won't hurt her?" Yoongi replied.

Lukros smirked, tracing the knife over Lilly's soft and pale skin.

"We'll have to find out then, won't we?" Lukros said, a devilish smirk making it's way to his lips.

Yoongi growls. "Fine! Just don't hurt her."

Yoongi hesitates, staring at the vial in hand, the liquid glowing in his touch.

You see, the liquid in the bottle is filled with magic, giving anyone who drinks it immense power. It's because of this that the werewolves keep it locked and hidden from anyone, only telling people they trust. This is to ensure no one would go near the dangerous liquid.

And Yoongi has broken that trust.

All for the safety of his mate.

Yoongi clenches his fist, looking at his mate. Lilly looks at him, shaking her head furiously.

"Don't do it, Yoongi. Just let me die. It's too dangerous." Lilly pleads.

"No. I can't let you go." Yoongi replies.

He takes one last look at the vial, before tossing it towards Lukros and his mate, the devil-like smile on Lukros's face growing bigger as the vial nears him.