chapter eight

"What do you m-mean? Of course i'm fine. The question is, are you alright? You've been acting strange ever since this morning." Taehyung said, tilting his head momentarily.

"Haven't you remembered what I told you this morning, Taehyung?" Jungkook asked.

"This morning? Well, i remember waking up next to you and you blabbering about how your perspective changed of me." Taehyung answered, looking up at Jungkook.

"I see you were listening." Jungkook replied.

"Of course i was. What was i supposed to do? Ignore the person who had his hands wrapped tightly on my waist?" Taehyung scoffed, earning an amused sound from Jungkook.

"You're quite the sassy one, aren't you?" Jungkook says, letting out a small smile.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Taehyung retorts, earning a chuckle from the other.

"Anyways, that's not why i called you here for." Jungkook says, looking at Taehyung. "I wanted to ask if your kind gets mates."

Taehyung quirks an eyebrow at Jungkook's strange question. "Well, no. Vampires don't necessarily get mates. They're often forced to marry someone they don't know and probrably don't love."

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows, confused.

"So you don't get mates?"

"No. Why?" Taehyung asks.

Jungkook shakes his head, brows still furrowed as Taehyung got a bit worried.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook looked up at him.

"It's...it's just that...you're my mate, Taehyung." Jungkook says softly.

Taehyung widens his eyes, taking a step back from Jungkook. "That's not possible. Vampires don't get mates." Taehyung says, eyes widened.

"That's the thing. Werewolves don't mate with beings who don't get mates. It's not in our genes. But my wolf's calling for you. And only you." Jungkook whispers, hanging his head low.

"A-are you sure? This has to be a mistake." Taehyung stuttered, unbelieving of the situation.

"Yes. I'm positive."

"I-i'm sorry, Jungkook. But i need time to think about this. I-it's just too much to process." Taehyung muttered, before quickly making his way out of the room.

Leaving Jungkook behind.

Taehyung sighed.

Now, he was even more confused.

He needed answers to his unanswered questions, but it didn't seem like anyone would answer him.

"This is too much for me..." Taehyung whispered softly, feeling overwhlmed as he lay down on his bed.

The sudden pull to sleep made him flutter his eyes closed.

And just like that, he lets himself get pulled into the endless realm of dreams.

Taehyung's eyes shot open, the familiar scent of roses and blossoms filling his senses.

He sat up, looking around as a familiar setting greeted him.

"I-i'm here again?" Taehyung whispered.

"Yes, love." An angelic voice answered, making Taehyung snap his head towards it.

And there she was, looking just as ethereal as ever, despite her age.

"M-mum?" Taehyung called out softly.

The woman halted for a moment, before a small smile made it's way to her lips.

"Hello there, Taehyung, love." She answered, smiling sweetly at her son.

Taehyung felt tears sting his eyes as he stood up and rushed towards her, quickly embracing her in his arms, tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he poured out the emotions he had bottled up for so long.

"Shhh, love. Don't cry now, darling. I'm here." She whispered, hugging her son tightly.

"W-why?" Taehyung stuttered, looking up at his mother.

"W-why did you leave me alone with dad? Where d-did you go?" Taehyung asked.

His mother, Kim Yuri, sighed, before bringing him to sit down.

"I guess i have so much explaining to do." Taehyung's mother said, before taking a seat beside her son.

"You see, Taehyung. You aren't who you think you are. You are capable of more than you actually think." She started. "But i'm really sorry for leaving you behind. I didn't do it intentionally. It was just to keep you safe. To keep you and your father safe."

Taehyung looked up at his mother, suddenly pulling her into a warm embrace.

"I forgive you, mum. But, please tell me...what were you trying to keep us safe from?"

Yuri looked down at her son, before sighing softly.

"Tae, love. There's so much you still need to find out. But know that you're so much more than what you think you actually are." She said softly.

Taehyung looked up curiously at his mother, questions swirling in his mind.

Yuri sighed, yet again.

"Taehyung, darling. I think it's time you know the truth..."

I purple you 💜☄