chapter eighteen

"Taehyung!"

Taehyung watched as Jungkook and Yoongi disappeared from view, the dark mist preventing him from seeing what's beyond.

"It's just so typical of you, don't you think, Taehyung?" Yuri suddenly said, snapping Taehyung's attention back to her.

"W-what do you mean?" Taehyung asked, confused as to why his mother was acting strange.

"You just can't seem to think of yourself, can you?" Yuri sighed, looking at Taehyung.

"I don't understand."

"Of course you don't." Yuri snapped. "You've always put others needs before yours. It's disgusting, honestly."

The words hit Taehyung like an arrow to his heart. He had heard those words spoken to him ever since he was a child, and he had begun to be immune to it.

But hearing it come out of his own mother's mouth, the only person he thought loved him, broke his heart.

Taehyung stood there, shocked and broken, as his mother snickered.

"Look at you, so vulnerable. Just a word and you look like you're going to cry." She smirked. "Are you going to cry, Taehyung?"

Taehyung clenched his fist. "Why are you like this? I thought you loved me."

Yuri broke out into laughter, a sinister smile making way to her face.

"Me? Love you? Pathetic of you to think I'd love you, don't you think?" Yuri cackled.

Taehyung's legs buckled underneath him as he collapsed on his knees, head bent low.

"B-but I thought--" Taehyung stuttered, tears starting to form on the corners of his eyes.

"Well, you thought wrong. I've never loved you. You're just a pathetic little thing. Who could ever love you?" Yuri snickered as Taehyung clenched his fist.

Tears trickled down Taehyung's face, the hurtful words he had always been called throughout his childhood penetrating his already broken heart.

"Why...are you so cold." Taehyung whispered.

"Because i'm not like you. Being joyful is for the weak." Yuri answered. "Apparently your father was right about you."

"M-my f-father?"

"Yes, he said you were weak and pathetic. And lookie here...he was right." Yuri sneered, looking at the small boy on his knees, fist clenched.

"You have always been weak, Taehyung."

"N-no." Taehyung stuttered.

"Pathetic."

"Stop-" Taehyung said, clenching his fists tighter.

"No one will ever love you...Do you want to know why? That's the thing. Because you're just you. And you are a disgrace."

"I said STOP!" Taehyung bellowed, a sudden surge of energy spiralling out of him, directing itself towards his mother.

In a flash, his mother had disappeared, and the mist slowly subsided, showing a frantic Jungkook and a concerned concerned Yoongi.

"Oh my god. Taehyung!" Jungkook yelled, rushing towards the vampire on the floor.

"We made out what happened inside. How did you do that?" Yoongi asked, rushing up to Taehyung.

"I...i don't know." Taehyung whispered.

"Don't worry...i'm here." Jungkook reassured, bringing the vampire close to him as Taehyung tugged on the front of his shirt, tears dripping down his cheeks.

"Hey, hey...shhh. I'm here." Jungkook whispered, rubbing the small of Taehyung's back. "What happened back there?"

Taehyung looked up at Jungkook. "S-she was my mother. Well, she looked like it. But she isn't. When the energy hit her, I realised she wasn't my mother. She was just a ghoul disguised as my mother. It was a test, I suppose."

Jungkook pulled Taehyung in for another hug, the older crying into his chest.

"It hurts...even if she didn't really say it. Seeing it come out of her mouth hurts, Jungkook..." Taehyung whimpered, clutching onto Jungkook's shirt.

"Everything's fine now Tae. I'm here." Jungkook repeated, hugging the elder.

Suddenly, the twisted and crooked trees made way to reveal a beautiful crimson and gold tree in the distance.

"It's the pristine tree." Yoongi breathed.

"We can finally use it to help cure Jimin." Taehyung added, rubbing his eyes as he quickly got up from where he was, bringing Jungkook with him.

They all ran towards the tree, arriving before it as they caught a whiff of it's sweet, intoxicating scent.

"This smells..." Jungkook muttered.

"Heavenly." Taehyung finished.

"Hurry, let's collect the leaves. I want to arrive at the pack house soon." Yoongi said, grabbing a small bag and stuffing it with leaves.

Miraculously, when a leaf was taken, it was quickly replenished with a new leaf in no time.

The trio grabbed as much leaves as they could, before quickly heading out, not wanting to stay there any longer.

As the twisted forest became a blur and the cliff came in sight again, Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

"Are you all right, Taehyung?" He asked, concern etched in his tone.

"I'm fine." Taehyung replied, following Yoongi through the thick trees.

He had no time to think for himself. He had bigger things to worry about.

Like, Jimin.

It seemed that no matter how harsh the words thrown at him, Taehyung still couldn't seem to think about himself.

A/n : Taehyung's too pure for this world--

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short chapter.

Bye loves 💕

Borahae 💜💕✨