chapter thirty-two

Taehyung felt uncomfortably uneasy.

It has been a few days since the horrible feeling took over. It was as if his body was telling him something, warning him.

And he didn't need a genius to figure out why he was feeling that way.

She was near, and he could feel it.

These past few days, Taehyung's mind had been floating around what Siyeon had said to him.

Eun-jung is out to get you, and she'll stop at nothing to get what she wants

That gave him a wave of anxiety and fear. But also confusion.

What the hell did Jungkook's sister want from him?

He didn't know.

Taehyung paced back and forth, the wave of anxiety and uneasiness taking over his system as he began to panic.

What would happen to him?

What would she do?

Would she hurt others too?

No, he can't let her do that. She could hurt him all she liked, but she could never hurt others he loved. Especially not his mate, Jungkook.

The thought of Eun-jung hurting his beloved mate made his heart clench, making him collapse onto the wooden floor of his bedroom.

He couldn't let that happen.

Taehyung slumped against a wall, pulling his knees close to his chest as tears trickled down his bread cheeks.

"You're over-reacting, Taehyung." He whispered to himself, trying to calm his mind.

But the uneasiness he felt about the situation didn't cease to go away. Instead, it grew stronger, as if wanting the poor vampire to think that way.

Taehyung hugged himself tighter, sobbing silently as his mind began wandering around horrible thoughts.

Suddenly, he heard his bedroom door fly open, going silent before rushed feet made it's way towards the little vampire on the floor.

Warm, strong arms took him into a tight embrace, the familiar, delicious scent filling Taehyung's nostrils. The familiar melodious and sweet voice he had come to love muttered comforting words as the other rubbed the small of the vampire's back in hopes to ease him.

"Shh, baby. I'm here." The chocolate voice of his mate whispered in his ear, making him feel more at ease.

Taehyung sobbed quietly, tears still filling his eyes. "I-i'm sorry, Ggukie."

The ravenette raised an eyebrow, puzzled. He brought a finger to rest under Taehyung's chin, before gently tilting the other's head up until their eyes locked together.

Dark irises clashed with the chocolate brown ones of his mate.

They both seemed to be entranced by the other's spectacular eyes, feeling themselves getting drawn to the deep abyses, and possibly never coming out.

The ravenette was the first one to break out of the trance, looking at Taehyung softly as a smile made it's way onto his face.

"Love, there's nothing you should be sorry about." The ravenette said. "Now, tell me why you were crying."

Taehyung broke out from the eye contact at that, trying to avoid the alpha's burning gaze at that question.

"I don't think i can--"

"Taehyung." The firm voice of his mate sent shivers down the brunette's spine, feeling the amount of dominance and authority laced in his voice.

The ravenette tilted the other's head back towards him, forcing the other to look into his eyes.