chapter seventeen

"Fuck, how much longer, Yoongi? You said we're close." Taehyung grumbled, trudging behind Yoongi and Jungkook.

The two werewolves seemed unfazed, even if they had been walking for hours. The vampire behind them though...not so much.

"How long is this going to take..." Taehyung whined, his legs buckling up in exhaustion.

He needed blood.

Yoongi sighed as he turned around. "Just wait a little longer, Taehyung. We haven't been walking for very long."

Taehyung shot Yoongi a glare.

"Not long? We've been walking for hours. I'm sorry, but i'm getting tired. I'm not like you guys, even if i wish to be." Taehyung muttered, sadness laced in his voice.

No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't be strong enough, could he?

Maybe his father was right--

A deep voice was what snapped Taehyung back to reality.

"Hop on." Jungkook said, gesturing to his back.

"W-what--" Taehyung stuttered, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"You're tired, right? Hop on my back. I'll carry you." Jungkook replied curtly, standing infront of Taehyung so the older could hop on.

"You don't have to--"

"Just hop on. I won't move until you do." Jungkook cut him off.

Taehyung sighed before hopping onto Jungkook's back, the latter quickly catching up to Yoongi with Taehyung on his back.

Yoongi looked at them, shaking his head straight after.

"We're close to the edge of the woods. We just need to pass these trees." Yoongi stated, pointing towards a group of trees.

"That's what you said a few hours ago." Taehyung mumbled, head on Jungkook's shoulder as he hugged his neck.

"I promise we're close this time. Come on, let's go. I don't want Jimin staying that way any longer." Yoongi muttered, quickly walking towards the tall, thick trees.

Jungkook followed close behind, Taehyung on his back not affecting his speed in any way.

Taehyung subcontiously looked at Jungkook's face, seeing how his face didn't show any hint of tiredness.

He wondered how it felt to be that strong.

Yoongi motioned for them to follow as the trees became thinner and thinner.

Before long, they had reached the edge of the forest. But nothing was in sight, except a cliff.

"Where's the tree?" Taehyung asked as he clambered off of Jungkook.

"I don't get it. It's supposed to be here." Yoongi grumbled, frustrated.

If you wish to seek...

Taehyung's ear perked up, hearing how the wind sounded like voices in his mind.

Weird, he thought.

The secret of the tree...

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you guys hear that?"

You have to search from deep within...

"Hear what?" Jungkook asked, crossing his arms.

"It's a riddle." Taehyung breathed, replaying it over in his mind.

"A riddle? What riddle?" Yoongi asked.

"If you wish to seek, the secret of the tree, you have to search from deep within..." Taehyung muttered.

"Excuse me, what?" Yoongi asked.

Taehyung ignored Yoongi, shutting his eyes as he thought deeply.

Search from deep within? What the hell was that supposed to mean? Maybe it meant the reason he was here for the tree? Well, it was worth a shot.

Taehyung shut his eyes tightly, mind floating back to the reason they had embarked on this long quest.

Jimin.

He thought of his best friend, and how his condition had made them find the tree.

The image of Jimin, sad and depressed on his prison bed made Taehyung clench his fist.

He wanted his best friend back.

Taehyung opened his eyes, his normal hazel, brown eyes now a shade of blue.

The image of the cliff started to disappear as it melted away into a twisted forest, with trees so crooked it was hard to see straight.

"Woah, how the hell did you do that?" Yoongi exclaimed.

Taehyung's eyes returned to normal as he turned to face Yoongi.

"I just did, I guess." He replied.

A loud cackle erupted from the twisted forest, snapping the three men to reality.

"Now, what the hell was that?!" Yoongi shouted.

"Ah, if it isn't my son..." a smooth, female voice cooed, snapping Taehyung's attention to it.

"M-mum? What are you doing here?" Taehyung stuttered.

"You didn't think you wouldn't see me here again, did you?" The woman smiled.

But it didn't hold warmth. It felt sinister and cruel, and Taehyung could feel it.

"B-but you died." Taehyung whispered.

"You know i'm not normal, Taehyung." The woman snickered. "Now, what are you doing here?"

"I-i'm here to get leaves from the pristine tree to my best friend, Jimin." Taehyung said.

"Ah, here we go again, shall we?" Yuri groaned, rolling her eyes.

She snapped her fingers, making a dark mist surround Taehyung and her, preventing Jungkook and Yoongi from entering.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook yelled, but it was too late.

Taehyung had already been enveloped by the mist.

A/n : Oop-- Cliffhanger.

Bet you didn't see that coming-- But, wait, not all is as it seems 👀

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter ✨☁

Bye loves 💕

Borahae 💜💕