chapter thirty-one

Taehyung groaned, fluttering his eyes open before he instantly shut them again.

The sun was peeking in through the curtains, and unfortunately, it was directed at Taehyung's face.

Taehyung's face contorted into a frown, throwing a pillow over himself to shield his eyes from the light. He reached out, seemingly desperate to find the warmth of his mate.

His eyes snapped open, realising Jungkook wasn't beside him in the bed anymore.

Taehyung subcontiously pouted, feeling the need to be with Jungkook as he decided to sit up on the bed. The brunette instantly regretted his decision when a sharp pain shot up his spine, making him hiss in pain.

"Damn that, Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung huffed under his breath, eyes closed shut from how sore he feels.

This instantly reminded him of the previous night, making his cheeks flush a vibrant pink as he buried his face in his hands.

He was clad in Jungkook's shirt, which was a tad bit oversized on him as it fell just above his thighs. Taehyung remembered how Jungkook had put it on him as they snuggled next to each other the night before.

Taehyung frowned, wanting to find Jungkook. It was quite normal for him to feel this way since they had just recently completed the mating process.

Ignoring the burning pain in his ass, Taehyung held onto the bedpost for support before he attempted to stand. His plan failed as his legs suddenly gave up on him, his eyes closing shut as he braced himself for the hard ground.

But instead, warm, strong hands enveloped his petite waist, holding him tightly so that he wouldn't come into contact with the floor.

Taehyung swiftly opened his eyes, instantly locking gazes at a certain ravenette who had just come out of the shower.

"Good morning." Jungkook greeted, a crooked grin forming on his lips as he looked down at the flushed brunette.

Jungkook was wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants, towel draped on his neck and hair wet from the shower. Seemingly making him look hotter than he already was.

Taehyung's eyes subcontiously raked over Jungkook's physique, noting the droplets of water dripping down the ravenette's strong collarbones.

Jungkook smirked, Taehyung's gaze not going unnoticed by him. He pulled the latter up, supporting Taehyung by his waist as the brunette yelped, hands flying onto Jungkook's chest.

"Was last night not enough for you, love?" Jungkook asked, smirking lightly as Taehyung's face flushed a pretty pink.

Taehyung frowned. "As your mate, i am allowed to look at you whenever i want, wherever i want." He huffed, cheeks puffed out.

Jungkook's gaze softened, mentally cooing at the adorable sight of the little vampire. His little vampire.

"You're adorable, petal." Jungkook whispered, watching as Taehyung's ears turned red.

Before Taehyung could protest on the previous statement, Jungkook had quickly placed a quick peck on his lips, instantly grinning widely after.

"Why don't you go and take a quick bath, Tae? I have to go run some morning errands soon." Jungkook said.

Taehyung's lips quickly turned into a pout. "I won't be able to see you until later?"

Jungkook smiled softly. "It'll only take a while, love. I'll join you during breakfast."

"Okay, Gguk." Taehyung sighed, giving a small smile, before frowning. "But how the hell am i supposed to make my way to the kitchen? I can barely walk."