RedstoNE??

Mumbo's POV

~~~~

I was working in the industrial district on my huge iron farm when I got a message on my communicator. I finished up pushing a villager into a enclosed glass case before checking the message. 

It was from Grian. 

"I need redstone help. Please?!"

I chuckled to myself and sent a message back. "On my way."

I packed up my redstone box and took off with my elytra. I searched the ground below next to Sahara and saw a glimpse of a familiar red sweater. 

I landed next to Grian, who was pressing buttons and looking flustered. 

He heard me land and looked at me with an expression of confusion and helplessness that made me chuckle. "Hey, Mumbo," he said with a discouraged tone. 

"Is that the concrete maker I built?" I asked, knowing very well the answer. 

Grian fidgeted nervously. "Maybe... okay, yes it is." He looked up at me like a puppy caught in the act of knocking a garbage can over. "I'm really sorry. I tried to fix it!" 

I studied the redstone he had tried to put down. "Yes... I can see that," I said trying not to laugh again as I pressed the button and saw a firework go up and explode in the air.

I turned to him. "Don't worry about it, I'll fix it." I flashed him a reassuring smile. 

He smiled back innocently and cutely. Wait... cutely? I had just thought he was cute. That was a normal thing to think about a friend, right? Yes, it was. Definitely. 

"Actually, I was wondering if you could show me how to do it," Grian said, stepping closer to me and the broken redstone. 

I was acutely aware of the distance closing between us, and was unable to pull myself out of it for a moment. 

Grian's expectant stare snapped me out of my trance. "Oh, um... of course!" 

He beamed. "Perfect, let's get started then. And I'm really sorry about this, Mumbo," he said, gesturing to the remains of my redstone. 

I pulled out my redstone box, searching through it to get the materials we needed. "It's okay, Grian," I assured him. "I can't tell you how many times I've blown up my own redstone." 

Grian shrugged and nodded. "Okay, what should I do first?" he asked as I gave him some redstone components. 

I showed him where to place the pistons and how to time them correctly. I quite enjoyed doing redstone with Grian. He made the process much more interesting, what with powering pistons only when I was standing right in front of them so I fell into the ocean below. 

I flew back up to where Grian was and frowned playfully at him as he crumpled up on the floor laughing and holding his stomach. 

"Atleast I finally got it activated!" Grian said victoriously. 

I finally cracked a grin and helped him up when he was finished with his laughing fit. He stood in front of me, our faces only inches apart. 

I held Grian's gaze and noticed his face was turning a light shade of red.  He suddenly seemed to come back to reality and cleared his throat, finally letting go of my hand and looking back at our now finished redstone.

He seemed to instantly forget what had just happened, not acknowleging it at all. "Thanks a lot Mumbo!" He exclaimed happily, testing to make sure it worked. I was relieved to see that it did.

"Anytime," I replied with a smile, packing up my redstone. 

Just as I was about to leave, the builder ran up and wrapped his arms around me. I felt my face heat up as I held the smaller man against my body. 

He let me go, and I found myself already missing the warmth of his touch. 

"See you around, Mumbo," He said, grinning. 

I nodded, still slightly in shock from his sudden expression of affection. "You can count on it!" I replied, taking off towards the industrial district.