Blame Grian

Mumbo's POV

~~~~

The day after I helped Ren with his prank, I was casually walking around my base sorting out some bugs in my automatic sorting system when I got trapped.

"Now I just have to add that bit of redstone dust and-" Before I could finish my sentence and as soon as I put down the redstone dust, I fell down a deep dark pit. 

Luckily I had some redstone torches in my inventory. I placed them down for light, wondering what was going on. What did I do this time?

I sighed and found a sign. "Blame Grian," was all it said.

"I was going to anyway," I said snarkily and looked around. 

I must have gotten lucky or something, because there were tons of mobs in the obsidian prison I was in. 

A zombie groaned menacingly and made it's way toward me. I killed it off easily, but there were many more. I couldn't keep up with all of them and a spider bit me in the leg, rendering me unable to stand. 

I gritted my teeth as sharp pains shot up my leg. I backed into the corner, refusing to give up in my fight. 

Then, I heard a voice above me. 

"Mumbo! Are you okay?" 

Grian.

He laughed as he watched me struggle. Rude.

He then flew down gracefully and killed the rest of the mobs without batting an eye. 

I glared at him as I held my wounded leg, sliding down the wall to rest on the floor. 

He walked over to me. "Whoa, what's that look for?" I saw him glance down my leg and grimace. "Ouch."

I raised my eyebrows and nodded. "So what did I do?" I asked, wanting to know why he did this. No other hermit had any reason to do this, but Grian.... well he did this kind of thing for no reason at all.

He stared at me for a second, speechless. "What... me?" He squeaked. "I didn't- I would never! Jeez Mumbo, do you have to blame me for everything?"

I shrugged. "Kind of! Stop denying it, I know you did this." I gestured with my blood stained hand to the sign. "You even wrote a sign to try and throw me off, didn't you?" 

Grian turned to look at it. "No...?"

I was not believing this. "No, you wrote that because you thought if it specifically blamed you, then I would assume it was anyone but you. Right?"

Grian looked back at me and stepped closer to me, taking out a healing potion. "Now you're just confusing me. Drink this, and maybe you'll start to make sense." He smirked slightly as he held out the potion to me. 

I smacked the potion out of his hand and the glass shattered all over the floor, the liquid spilling everywhere. 

Grian stepped back and held up his hands in surrender, in pure shock.

I suddenly felt a little bad for lashing out like that, but not bad enough. 

I channeled my anger and stood up despite the pain. The fact that I towered over him gave me a sense of strength. 

"Your pranks are getting out of hand, Grian! It's not funny anymore; it's just amazingly and impressively annoying!" 

He backed even further away from me. "Mumbo..." He said quietly so I could barely hear. "It wasn't me, I swear." 

The sheer amount of child-like fear I saw in his eyes was enough to make me want to hug him. How dare he look so innocent when he had just done this to me?

I looked at the ground so I didn't have to look at him and shook my head. "Just- leave."

Grian stared at me for a moment and when I dared to look up, I saw how sad his eyes were. Like he was heartbroken. 

He turned and flew out of the pit. 

I sighed and sat back down, feeling terrible. I couldn't believe Grian had done this to me. What did I do to deserve this? 

After taking a few minutes to think, wallow in self pity, and regret my life decisions, I finally flew out of the hole and got myself a healing potion. 

When I was fully healed up, I covered up the hole and finished fixing my redstone, letting it help clear my mind. 

I couldn't stand being angry with Grian. It was hard to stay angry with someone that cute, no matter what they did. However, he did need to learn when to stop. His pranks could go too far to the point where they weren't funny to anyone except him. I had gotten hurt from this one. Not to mention it inturrupted my work on redstone, and was designed that way. I mean, that's just cruel. 

I sighed and realized I had to apologize to him for blowing up like that. I couldn't get the image of him cowering from me with those innocent eyes out of my head. 

Blame Grian. I was just too good at that, wasn't I?