Rendog Doesn't Break Promises

Ren's POV

~~~~

I was walking around the shopping district, checking my shops to see if I had made any diamonds yet. Oh yeah, riches, baby!

To my disappointment, the only thing I found was that all my wood was bought out, and the price had been lowered to one diamond for a whole chest of wood! Apparently I had a huge sale going on that even I didn't know about.

I was already in a not-so-great-mood from Doc giving me the silent treatment, and then this happens. 

I sighed heavily and took down the sign that announced the sale. The pranks were going too far by this point. It reminded me of the Civil War we had a while back. I'm not gonna lie though, it was actually quite a bit of fun except for the time I died in a roller coaster trap in the HRN set up by False and Grian.

 Still, I was worried that another war might break out. As entertaining as that would be, it wasn't necessarily ideal for the hermit community. Not to mention, it was very confusing. Why was I being pranked exactly? 

I had a feeling it had to do with whatever Doc had done to get Tango back without me. I guess he assumed that I was involved too; which I should have been!

But that meant that Doc would have been pranked as well. 

I went to check my other shops and found that they had enormous sales too. So did Doc's, and I considered taking them down and changing the prices back to normal, but decided against it. If he was going to act like I didn't exist, I wasn't about to be doing him any favours. 

The fact was, he broke my heart. 

Poor Ren-diggity-dog, getting played like this! How did he go from almost kissing me, to ignoring me? I have absolutely no idea, but I'm sure whatever the reason, it was stupid. 

Maybe he thought I didn't like him back, or maybe he didn't like me... but considering he'd tried to kiss me, I didn't think that was it. More likely, it was that he sensed there was a war on the horizon and he did this to protect me. 

Well, how the turntables: I'm still getting pranked!

As smart as Doc was, there were times where he wasn't particularly bright. Hopefully the signs were enough to change his mind, but I have doubts. 

I am aware that I confessed my love to him through signs, which may or may not have been a bold thing to do. Possibly a little cowardly that I didn't say it to his face... but at the same time, I couldn't have! Not when he had been hiding from me!

It wasn't the kind of confession I had imagined, but it would have to do.

And if it didn't work (which I don't think it did, considering he still hasn't talked to me), then I would have to destroy his entire base like I'd promised.

I really didn't want to have to do that, but I had to let him know that treating me like this would have consequences. And Rendog doesn't break promises.

Another day passed and I still heard nothing from Doc. 

Determined to keep my promise, I went over to Doc's base to blow it up. I looked around first to see if I could find him. Nope.

"Okay, I see how it is," I mumbled, placing TNT around his raid farm he'd been working on. I hated to blow it up, especially after hearing him talk so passionately about this project, and the fact that he'd already been spending months working on it. Oh well, he had been warned. 

Once I had the TNT placed, I pulled the lever that activated it. I stepped back to watch all Doc's hard work be blown to pieces. I was devastated and I stared at the ruins for a while, wondering if I'd gone too far. Probably, but like I said before, he had been warned and he deserved it. 

I walked back to my racetrack, unable to look back at what I had done to his magnificent farm. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel terrible about it, but I'd also be lying if I said I regretted it.