Quite the Impressive Build

Grian's POV

~~~~

So the question was: who framed me and why?

I had heard of some of the weird things that were going on lately, involving pranks and loads of misunderstandings, clearly. 

Usually it was me doing the pranking; it was a little strange being on the recieving end of everything. 

I was working on building a mansion that would house a new minigame. One involving a lot of lava and danger, of course!

I was unusually unmotivated to work on this project after Mumbo wrongfully blamed me for pranking him. 

To be honest, he really scared me. He was usually was so chill; I never would have expected this from him. 

Was he really annoyed by my pranks? 

I mean it wasn't me this time, but I did take his mustache away and flooded his base with chickens constantly. 

It didn't seem like he was only angry about this one prank, it seemed like his anger was building up over time. Which means I've been annoying him.

I stared blankly at my half finished build, unable to tell what it needed. More detail; but what exactly?

I sighed. I wasn't sure I could ever find the motivation to do anything anymore. I couldn't stop thinking about Mumbo and how I had let him down. 

Just when I had thought he might like me back the same way I liked him... 

I shook my head to dismiss the thought.

There was no way. I was too annoying and all I ever did was get in his way. 

I opened a shulker box and looked inside for inspiration. All I saw was random items; no inspiration at all.

Someone cleared their throat behind me. 

I jumped, dropping a few of my items and whirled around to see- 

"Mumbo!" I squeaked. "Wow, you scared me." I laughed nervously. 

The handome mustached man smiled sheepishly. "Sorry." 

He bent down to pick up the items I had dropped. I took the bundle of now mismatched flowers from him and stuffed them back into the shulker box. 

"Thanks."

"That wouldn't have been a bad idea, actually." He said, watching me put the flowers away. "Bringing flowers, I mean."

I closed the shulker box and looked up at Mumbo, waiting for an explanation as to why he was here. I thought he was mad at me and had better things to do than waste his time and energy on me. 

I noticed he was fidgeting with his fingers and I supposed it was because he did so much redstone, so he always worked with his hands. Whenever he was nervous he would fiddle with his hands. I had noticed that about him when we first met and thought it was cute. 

His eyes lowered to his own hands. "I'm sorry... for the way I acted back there. I really shouldn't have lashed out at you like that. You didn't deserve that, you were only trying to help." 

I shrugged as if it hadn't been bothering me at all. Hahaha. 

"It's okay. But did you ever figure out who set that trap?"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked back up at me. 

"It was you, right? I mean... who else?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, but I swear it wasn't me!"

Mumbo studied my face to make sure I wasn't lying, then sighed. 

"Oh. Now I feel even worse knowing it wasn't even you who set that trap up." 

He looked so regretful and pitiful that I gave into my sudden impulse and put my hand on his own to try and comfort him. 

"I forgive you." I paused, taking my hand off of his mainly because of his reaction of pure shock. "Although I would like to know if you're really annoyed by my pranks, because... if you are, I will stop." It physically pained me to say this. 

He laughed gently, running a hand through his hair. Jeez, would he ever stop being so attractive? I had to fight the impulse to kiss him right then and there, but I managed to restrain myself.

"No! Come on, without your pranks my life would be so boring and well... Grian-less."

I was relieved. "Good. Very good," I muttered mischeviously, smirking.

"Oh no Grian, don't start getting ideas!" He exclaimed, laughing. 

"Oh don't worry, I've already got plenty."

He shook his head trying to look dissapointed in himself for encouraging me, but I noticed a smile pulling at his lips. 

"I suppose I'll let you go back to working on your quite impressive build," he said, looking over my shoulder at my unfinished mansion. 

Did he just call my mansion an impressive build? To my eyes, it looked okay at best. His comment made me smile anyway. 

"Okay. I'll see you later, Mumbo," I said, winking at him. 

He blushed at my wink, which caught me off guard. I'd never seen him blush before; in fact, everyone had always tried to get him to blush and it had never worked. Until now. 

He walked away quickly, cleary flustered by his own reaction. 

I ran after him. "Hold on! Did I just get Mumbo Jumbo to blush?" I called, smirking and grabbing his arm to make him face me. 

Sure enough his face was a light shade of red, and was now getting even redder.  

"Ha! I did!" I exclaimed triumphantly. God, he looked so cute when he was flustered. 

"Uh, yeah... I'll be off now." He said, his voice a few pitches higher than normal. He then walked away, careful to not let me see his face again. 

I watched him leave, smiling uncontrollably. 

Then I turned back to face my project and as I examined it, ideas flooded my mind. I knew exactly what details it needed. 

I rushed to add them and stepped back to look at it again. I smiled, content. "Looks perfect," I muttered. 

The mansion was finished and was quite the impressive build.