Don't Do It Alone

Jevin's POV

~~~~

Evil X was talking, but I hardly even noticed.

My attention was now occupied by a movement I caught out of the corner of my eye right next to the exit.                           

Suddenly Xisuma seemed to flicker into existence, tapping his wrist in a panic. I blinked, and he was gone. 

So this was where he had been this whole time. 

I stared into the now empty spot, my heart skipping a beat. For some reason, I was relieved to know he was there. 

Come on, you're supposed to be on Eggs' side, I scolded myself.

Eggs brought my attention back to him, saying, "Jevin, there's only one way to defeat Xisuma. I assume you already know what this does?" He drew the stone out of his pocket, gazing unwaveringly at me.

I had to admit, I was bothered by his unusual change of tone. He was usually so charismatic and energetic- but now he was actually serious. 

"You mean other than causing mass destruction?" I asked with a teasing smile, even though I knew what he meant. I didn't want to believe that he would actually do what he was hinting at. He was my only friend- maybe even something more than that. I couldn't lose him. I just couldn't. 

I couldn't lose Xisuma either, now that I thought about it. I glanced quickly over to the spot I had briefly seen him in and my heart beat faster knowing he was there.

I waited for Eggs to inform me that he was joking and that he had some clever plan that wouldn't involve the use of that stupid ruby stone. 

I received nothing but gay silence. 

"You're not seriously considering that," I scolded, scowling into his visor. 

He shifted, his body tensing. 

"...Are you?" I added after I didn't get a reply.

Eggs' nervous energy suddenly dissapeared and was replaced by his usual crazy self. He proceeded to claim that he was going out in style and began dancing to his theme song playing through the castle sound system. 

Who knew Evil X could do the Charleston? Of course he could... who am I kidding?

When Eggs held the ruby stone dramatically above his head, about to activate it, I realized something.

I had to make a decision. 

Eggs didn't know that X was here, and that he was likely planning to take the ruby stone from him before he could use it. If he took the stone from Eggs, he wouldn't be here on Hermitcraft with us, but he would at least be alive and safe. Xisuma would have to die.

I had to choose who lived: Evil X, or X?

I had the power to simply warn Eggs that his nemesis was there and he could easily get out of the way and use the ruby, draining his own life force- or, I could just let X take it.

I decided on the latter option. 

Suddenly, Eggs got pushed to the side. I thought it was Xisuma until Cub appeared, stone in hand. 

Okay... so the other hermits didn't know Xisuma was here either. They had come on a mission to retrieve the stone themselves. 

Just as Eggs was about to use his powers to push Cub over the edge, Scar took his place and fell down instead. Wow, today was a series of unexpected unfortunate events. And a lot of people appearing out of thin air, apparently.