soda PT.2

the boys, amy and i all arrived at the park. amy and johnny went off somewhere while soda and i chilled on the slide together. "hey ela. i know we only just met but i wanted to tell you somthing." said soda.

"its okay. you can tell me. ive been told im pretty rational." i said rubbing his arm. as soon as soda began to speak some guy came and started talking to him.

"HEY soda!" the tall boy with floofy bleached hair exclaimed. i was a little shocked.

"hey ponyboy." soda sighed. he got up and pulled 'ponyboy' aside to talk to him.

soon after soda finished talking and before leaving he spoke. "bye ela." he waved and ran in the other direction.

soda walked back to me and sat back down next to me. "who was that?" i asked.

"oh that was my little brother, ponyboy. he got in an argument with my older brother darry." he informed. "middle child?" i asked. he nodded. "me to. an older sister and a younger brother." i added.

"yeah it sucks sometimes but i get to be the glue between them when i can." he smiled softly. i hugged him. "so what did you wanna tell me?"  i asked.

"when i looked into your eyes for the first time i didnt see just a pretty girl, i saw my today, my tomorrow and my future for the rest of my life." he said so easily.

i was frozen. no boy has ever said that to me. or anything like that for that matter. i kissed him passionately. i felt him smile against my lips.