jess pt3

his pov

why would i lie? because i like her and i dont want to hurt her. i know i hurt her by lying but its a different type of hurt. like 'hes a lier' type of hurt and not a 'ill be alone forever and boys are jerks' type of hurt. i dont wanna mess her up. "believe me, im thankful for her and her dedication to this friendship but we cant be more than friends.

i got a call from her. i picked up. "hey." i said quietly. i could hear she had been crying. "im sorry for lashing out on you yesterday." she said her voice breaking. "its just ive never confessed my feelings for someone. and i hoped the feelings would be reciprocated." she said trying to keep it short.

"Im sorry for not telling you about my girlfriend. and for not talking to you as much as i did. and for pretty much leaving you for rory." i said meaning it all. "you can come over if you want." i said hoping she would and i could hug her and make her feel better. "sure." she muttered.

what am i gonna tell her if she asks her name and to meet her? i asked myself this since the moment i lied to her about the fact that i had a girlfriend.

i looked out the window and i saw her walking up to the door so i rushed down stairs to open the door for her. "hey. i really am sorry-" i she tried but i went in for a hug.