Eight

The Sunday morning after, Sarah laid in her bed with a large smile on her face. It was like she had awoken from the sweetest dream that she did not want to end. She wondered if it were actually a dream or not. She hoped it wasn't, because it was the sweetest thing to have happened. She wanted more, and she just wanted to let all of these small moments last a lifetime. She hadn't felt this much euphoria in so long. 

Despite so much going on, the night before made her feel at peace for a little bit. She had felt the most relaxed she had felt in a long time and trusted herself in what she was doing. She thought  about how she was happy with some of the decisions she made the past year as it seemed like it was getting her somewhere. Of course, there were always going to be obstacles, but now she was able to handle them much better than she would have a couple of years ago. She truly felt supported and like she had her team behind her. 

Although, her peace was disrupted when her phone started to ring. She rolled over and picked it up. "Good morning, John." she answered happily. Normally when John had called her in the morning, she usually was irritated and wasn't ready for whatever he had to yell at her about. "I'm hungover." he whined loudly. Laughing, Sarah just rolled her eyes as she wasn't even surprised. Not today Satan. 

"Oh sweetie, you can take care of yourself. Drink water and eat some good food so that you're not worthless when you train tomorrow." she told him. John groaned loudly, and Sarah could hear the muttering he did to himself. It was quite amusing, but she had taken care of him enough the past year. "But you help me feel better." he whined like a little child. "I'm not your mum, John!" she reminded him as she tried not to laugh more. "You pretty much are, since she's in the great beyond." Oh for god's sake John.....

"This is why you need a girlfriend, so she can take care of you." Sarah sighed and rubbed her head a bit. "I don't need a woman! I'm a strong and independent man!" he stated proudly through the phone. Only John would be this energetic while being hungover, and Sarah just had to play along. "So you want people think you and Kyle are gay for each other still?" she asked. "No! He's my bestie, and maybe my bestie will take care of me!" These two were something else. 

"Oh please, he's probably hungover too." she assumed with a laugh. "You would know, but you chose to miss out on the fun." he pointed out like a little kid. "Because I had some important business to do aka officially not being single anymore." she explained to him. Of course right as John processed that, he began to yell. "KYLE, IT HAPPENED. IT HAPPENED." Those two were so loud that Sarah could easily hear Kyle from one of the other rooms in John's house. It was a surprise that they weren't cuddling after being so drunk last night. 

"MUM AND DAD ARE TOGETHER!" she heard Kyle shout. That was enough for the day. It was time for her to relax and enjoy her great mood. "Yes you too, go party. I will enjoy my day." she told them. They were too busy yelling to listen to her so she just hung up and threw her phone to the side. The mention of their deceased mother made Sarah think for a moment. It was one of those moments where she would love to just sit down and talk to her about everything that had gone on as of recently. She wondered what both of her parents would have thought. They always had liked Sergio when they were around, but who knows what they would have thought about him now. 

She just wanted to talk to someone older. Someone that was like a parent. As Sarah got in the shower, she began to think about who she could talk to and who she had left in terms of a parental like figure. Even though she was 27, it was nice to have someone like that in her life. It took her a little bit, but then it suddenly hit her who it would be best to talk to. 

Paqui...

It had been so long since she had spoken to Paqui Ramos. She still loved the woman with all of her heart as she was as close to a mother as possible for Sarah now. It was just so hard for Sarah to be able to talk to her the first year away. She was so afraid of what would have happened. It was the fear of opening wounds before they had healed, but Sarah knew that Paqui would always love her no matter what. Paqui promised her that she would always be a part of the family no matter what others had to say about it.