Twenty

It was a few days after Christmas when the whole Ramos family was still gathering in London at the residence of Laura and Olivier. What a wonderful time it was for the family to have a Christmas in England. It was a little bit different, but still very enjoyable. Of course, for Paqui Ramos, being in England meant another thing besides seeing her youngest child. She had the opportunity to go see another one of her children. Not necessarily a child she gave birth to, but one she adopted. All it was going to take was a 2 hour train ride up north. 

"Thank you for taking the boys with you today, Paqui." Pilar thanked her mother-in-law as she finished packed a bag and a pram for Alejandro. Paqui tried not to smirk or laugh to herself as she tricked her daughter-in-law to taking the three young boys all the way up to Manchester. It gave the parents, plus the aunts and uncles, a day off from taking care of the boys, while the grandparents watched over them. Paqui felt so proud of herself for doing this, but she thought her grandsons should be able to visit with their aunt after not seeing her for a year and a half. 

"Oh honey, you just relax today. Jose and I will take care of them just fine." Paqui told Pilar as Alejandro was put in the pram. It was funny that Pilar was not even one bit skeptical of what her mother-in-law was doing, so it made the plan even greater. All she could do was smile to herself as Pilar kissed and hugged her sons goodbye and told them to be good for their grandparents. Jose then took Marco and Sergio Jr. to say goodbye to their father, and Paqui was right behind them with the pram with Alejandro. 

"Where are you two going?" Sergio asked as he approached his parents who were about to leave Laura's place. A small smirk appeared on his mother's face as they stopped. "We're taking a day trip with the boys, so all of you can have a break from taking care of them." she explained casually. The words were so calm, but Sergio saw the look on his mother's face and had every reason to be skeptical. She was scheming something now. "And where would that be to?" he then questioned. Immediately, his father shook his head. "Out. Don't worry, the boys will love what they're doing. I'm sure they'll want to tell you all about it when we get back." 

It was before Sergio could ask any questions that two of his boys were saying goodbye to him and promised to be good. He was happy that his boys seemed really excited, but he knew his mother had some tricks up her sleeve. "Tell me, mama." he whispered as he hugged his mother. "You'll know later." she told him before waving to him and walking out with his father. 

Obviously, Sergio was frustrated and let out a sigh as the door closed behind his parents and three children. What made matters worse was that when he turned around, Laura was staring right at him with her typical smirk on her face. "What do you know?" he asked with sass as she started to laugh. "Exactly what you want to know." she told him as she walked right past him. Obviously irritated, Sergio followed his younger sister and scoffed. "Laura Ramos, I want to know!" he whined as she turned around and rolled her eyes at him. 

"You'll know later. Madre wasn't gonna let you stop her from what she was doing. Just relax." she told him before going into her kitchen. Of course, Sergio was persistent and wouldn't give up. "What would I stop her from doing in London that's great for the kids?" he asked as Laura started making breakfast. Shrugging, Laura only smiled and laughed a little. "Think outside of the box. The box is London." she explained. Outside of London? Sergio had to think for a moment, before it hit him like a bus. His jaw dropped as the smirk grew on his sister's face. 

No fucking way.

"That woman is slick." he muttered under his breath while Laura nodded proudly. "And I'm glad she's doing it too." Laura added as it only made Sergio more annoyed at his mother for not telling him. He didn't have a problem with it, but he knew Pilar would if she found out. The least his mother could have done was tell him, and it was something that could have been kept from Pilar. "I don't have a problem with them taking the boys to see her. Jr. and Marco ask me all of the time, 'Papi, where is Tia? Why isn't Tia at the games anymore?' and I always have to make some bullshit up."