Twenty-Three

"It's so nice to see the sun in February."

Everything was nice and calm in Madrid so far. The sun was shining which was very contrary to what a day in February would look like in Manchester. Although Madrid did get a little bit chilly in the winter, there wasn't the constant rain and sometimes even snow. The winter was much more ideal, and there was still so much to enjoy outside.

The Retiro Park in Madrid was a place Sarah often loved to visit and spend her free time at when she was living in Madrid. There was so much to do and see in there, and it was perfect to go to at any time of the year. Now she was walking in there hand and hand with the love of her life and showing him everything about it. There were still families walking, and children playing football in their Real Madrid or Atleti kits. It was so calming to walk in this type of atmosphere.

"In the spring and summer, it gets even more beautiful here. There's a rose garden, called La Rosaleda, that I used to wander around and daydream in. They have a lake here that is fun as well. Everything here is just so perfect for a summer date." she went on and on about the park to Harry. All he could do was stare happily at her as she led him through and stopped to show him various sights.

"You should say the rose garden again." he suggested with a cheeky smile. She raised her eyebrows and smirked back. "La Rosaleda?" she asked as he nodded. "I love when you speak Spanish, even though I can't understand it well. You sound so smooth speaking it." he explained it. She blushed a little and shrugged as she looked at the ground. "That surprised the Madrid players as well. I mean, since I'm a born and bred Brit." she explained.

He leaned over and kissed her cheek while giving her a sweet smile. "You know, it's not a bad idea to see a couple of them while we're here. They're also like family to you. I know I said I wasn't keen on it, but seeing a few people wouldn't hurt." he explained. The smile came across her face, but she just shrugged a little. She just didn't trust how quickly word would get around if someone knew she had been in town. It was easier than she thought coming back to the city, but going back to the team she once knew, it was always a hard thought.

"It's just weird for me.. I miss a couple of them, but I love City more. i just don't want to get badgered into coming back here." she admitted. Harry stopped her and had her face him. His smile stayed glued to his face as he took her other hand. "That's because they didn't realise what they all had until she left. They loved you, but they never fought for you to stay. All they can have is a friend to come visit them now." he explained to her.

There was so much truth to it. They claimed so much that they missed her, but why did they let her go that easily? Perhaps they knew that it was better for her to go, and no one could be bigger than the club. However, she kept that team together at times. It was a complicated relationship, but she knew where her heart was.

"You've just been right about everything." she admitted to him. The two of them kept walking together as they went on. He looked right at her with curiosity and smiled a bit. "Since when?" he asked. She thought about it for a moment and went back to when they were first starting to become close to each other. It was the day before the last straw in Madrid, and he started to open her eyes a bit. "The day you came with my brothers and Kyle to Sevilla. You told me, 'you'll get what you want, and what you need one day. Trust me.' Of course I believed that as I never wanted to give up."

She was hurting incredibly at that time, and Harry didn't like to think about it, but if that didn't happen, then there was a possibility that they wouldn't be where they were now. "I didn't think it would be me though." he admitted. She looked at him like he was silly and shook her head. "Well you did a lot right." she reminded him. All he could do was let his smile grow as he squeezed her hand. "And now we can just keep focusing on the good stuff, like our baby." he pointed out as her smile came across her face. "Our perfect baby."