Thirteen

It took a couple of weeks for the blowout to really sink in and make Sergio start to think. Not even at his wedding did he see Sarah get so upset at him. She had never screamed like that him before, and every time he thought about it, it ate at him more. He knew how much he cared, and he knew how much he missed her. There was just something there that was preventing him from being able to say the right words to her, and he didn't quite exactly know what. Maybe it was the fact that he never admitted to his teammates that he missed her presence, or it could be the fact that he did see so much good in his wife. It was just so complicated.

Sarah was at a point where she was really strong too. She was happy where she was and seemed to be on a really good path. It was something that she deserved. She should have all of the happiness in the world. Finally, she seemed to find the unconditional love that she wanted and needed in her life. A man that looked out for her and would do anything for her, but it was Harry fucking Maguire. Sergio couldn't stand how that guy had such a mouth on him, but everyone else said he was such a class guy. He was a lot worse than James, but this time, he really actually wanted the best for Sarah. Sergio just felt like he couldn't win.

It was one day in the middle of training that Sergio's head was so clouded. He couldn't concentrate and focus on what he was doing. It was just so..... quiet. He remembered back in the day when Sarah were there, everyone would be more talkative and she'd always be joking around with them. It was so much different without her there. It was weird to see James not going over and talking to someone so much, but of course, Sergio didn't miss that. He was such a cunt to Sergio.

Although, everyone saw Sergio as the cunt. However, they didn't even know what he had done. The team didn't even know that he went to Manchester a few weeks ago. He kept it quiet. He knew he was going to be ripped into when they all found out about what he did. They knew about what Sarah had said, and the moment he got back to the Real Madrid campus after the international break, James let him have it. He let him have it about how everything was now coming back to bite him in the ass.

Those thoughts ate at him so much that he just sudden panicked and walked quickly off the training pitch. He almost felt sick to his stomach as he was thinking way too much about what he had done. He started to wonder what exactly he had done wrong. Where was the turning point? He knew that he was wrong in some sense, but he needed to figure it out. He needed the help.

He got inside into their training building and just sat down against the wall near their changing rooms. "Fucking hell." he whispered to himself as he put his head in his hands. He never let any obstacle in life cause him to walk out of a training session, and this was the first time. It was the first time something had ever eaten up at him so much that he just could not think straight. It pained him thinking knowing someone that he really did care about pretty much spited him now. He knew that once he let the team know what he had did, most of them would let be able to let him down.

"Sese?" His thoughts were interrupted as a familiar voice came from down before. He was surprised to see Laura down the hall and looking at him with confusion. Standing up, Sergio faced her and gave her the same look. "Laura, what are you doing here?" he asked her as she walked towards him. She didn't have the happiest look on her face, especially when she started shaking her head at him.

"The same reason you went to Manchester." she told him coldly. She knew. Sergio could never hide fear from any of his family, and he certainly was not able to hide it from Laura. She looked about ready to hit him as she stood right in front of him, and automatically, he stepped back. "Laura, please don't hit me." he begged as he shook a little bit. Glaring at him, his youngest sister shook her head and clenched both of her fists. "You really think I shouldn't? Sese, how could you do that to Sarah? You are so lucky Harry didn't beat the shit out of you."