Twenty-Two

January flew by...

There had been so many games between Sarah and Harry that there was not much time for relaxation for either one of them. Both had been traveling back and forth between Premier League games and domestic cup matches as well. It was the time of the season where everything had been busy for awhile. There was just a normal routine of training and games with some travel. 

Luckily, there was no other stress to accompany either one. There had been no drama recently. Everything had been so quiet since Sarah had last spoken with the lads in Madrid about the upcoming Champions League tie. It just seemed so strange that the wicked witch of Madrid wanted to suddenly make things better with her. Sarah's intuition made her believe there were evil intentions behind it. 

However, there were not any concerns once the early part of February came around. It was finally time to go on a holiday, and that was something Sarah had not enjoyed in awhile. She couldn't even remember when the last time she was able to go on a holiday. She did a lot of staycation type stuff where she would relax on her own, but she hadn't been on a holiday to relax with someone in a long time.

It was a surprise trip. She didn't know where she was being taken, but all she knew is that Harry had most likely gone all out with planning the trip. He kept going above and beyond with her. 

The morning that the couple were leaving, however, Sarah had felt quite strange, but it had been a normal occurrence the last week or so for Sarah to be feeling odd. Headaches, nausea, bloating. Perhaps travel anxiety made it worse for her today. In a few weeks time, she would be back in Madrid and in her former home stadium. There were also nerves around that, but she didn't think everything would make her feel physically sick. 

"She'll get very clingy, by the way." 

With leaving for a trip, that meant Sarah had to leave her kitten behind, and since John lived alone, it would be good company for John to have the cat with him while she was gone. John had noticed his sister's state physical state recently, and it made him question whether or not there was something actually wrong with her or not.

She was all fine when she had given John everything and was about to leave to go with Harry to the airport, but he suddenly raised his eyebrows and gave her a skeptical stare. "Are you sure you're okay?" John had asked his sister as she was itching to leave. Raising her eyebrows, Sarah nodded and gave him a smile. "I'm all good. Just have felt odd the past week or so. I'm really excited to go though." she explained. 

He understood if there was nerves, but she never got sick over nerves. She had never gotten ill over anything that made her anxious. Something didn't feel right to John, and it felt like she was just brushing it off too easily. 

"You've never gotten ill off nerves. You've handled everything with going back to Madrid very well. You're not realising that something could be going on. Something like, I don't know, morning sickness?" 

It almost froze her at the thought of John's idea. She knew he was correct about the nerves. She handled them well physically. His ideas seemed to go in the right direction. She usually felt better as the days had gone on each day. All of the emotions came piling in, but there was such a sense of serenity with it. If everything was true, then there was no reason that she shouldn't be happy. 

"Right, well I'm going to stop at the shop and then head to Harry's. Take care of my girl." she told him with a smile as she hugged him. There was nothing more said between the two of them said their goodbyes, before Sarah was on her merry way. So many thoughts had run through her head as she went to the shop and picked up what she needed, before heading to her boyfriend's house.