Prologue

Boom!

"SHIRATORIZAWA ACADEMY HAS WON!"

Girls wearing a maroon, almost purple, and white uniform jumped in joy, some even crying. One didn't though. She was on the floor after scoring the winning point. Her knees had given out as she landed. The thud of her fall blown out by the noise the crowd was giving.

"(L/N)-Chan?" Maji Umi, a libero the same year as (L/N), called out. She was the first to notice her fallen teammate.
(Y/N) was trying to take her braces off as fast as she could. Her knees were in pain that she was starting to shed a few tears. The girl threw her braces and clutched her knees, rubbing the pained areas.
When Maji spoke the ace's name, the rest of the team looked her way. The crowd had gone quiet with the team. The coach stood and raced towards her star ace.
"What is it?"
(L/N) looked to her coach, "M..My kne...knees!"
Immediately, the ace was carried off court. The crowd clapping as she left.

"It's better to stop now," the doctor told (L/N), "It'll only hurt more and more. Unlike most cases of Osgood Schlatter, yours will only get better by surgery and full recovery will take time."
The girl nodded, not daring to cry right there. Volleyball was the thing she loved most, and now she couldn't play.

After quitting the team, (L/N) finished her first year helping the team by setting the ball to those who would normally spike it. Standing and setting it wouldn't hurt her too badly, it was the most she could really do. But eventually the coach of the female team had to let the girl go. (L/N) said her goodbyes to the team, and her career as a volleyball player.