[Friends & Realizations]

The bus ride to Fukurodani was quiet. Most of the team was asleep, those who were awake were either on their phone or talking quietly with their neighbor.

  When they excited the bus, Fukurodani's team was there to greet them. Shiratorizawa lined up, each facing one of the other team's members. The captains shook each other's hands.

Some of the members were talking with one another.

"(Y/N)-Chan." A boy with messy, curly hair and gunmetal blue eyes greeted.

That made everyone on the Shiratorizawa team turn their heads. They weren't even allowed to call their manager by her first name.

"Keiji-Kun!" The girl wrapped her arms around him. The boy stumbled a bit, a shock look on his face but it quickly changed into a small smile as he hugged back.

"HUH," another boy yelled, "AKAASHI IS SMILING!"

Fukurodani's members turned to look at the first year. He was known to show little to no emotion.

"Who is she?" The same boy asked, calmer than last time.

The teams watched the two talk while walking towards the gym. (Y/N) was holding three bags, which seemed pretty heavy (they were). Akaashi offered to hold two of them, but she refused.

"Gotta keep your strength for the match!"

"That's our manager," the Shiratorizawa captain spoke, "(L/N)."

The Fukurodani captain, Bokuto, gasped. "THE QUE!-"
One of his teammates put a hand over his mouth, "Quieter please."

The two teams entered the gym, then separating to warm up.

(Y/N) sat on the bench with the two coaches. Her hair was tied in a pony tail as she talked about strategies and tactics with the coaches.

"(L/N), if you aren't busy..can you please tape my..." Hayato mumbled.

"Come here. Don't be so nervous, we're best friends. Are we not?" The girl went to one of the previous bags she was carrying and pulled out two rolls of black tape, one almost empty and one new one.

She bent down as Hayato held his foot out. The girl started to wrap the tape around his ankle. Then she changed to the other roll, continuing to tape the foot of the libero.

"I didn't know Shiratorizawa had a manager," Yamiji, the Fukurodani coach, spoke. Both their managers were absent, sick.

"(Y/N)? She said she became their manager after quitting." Akaashi replied before going to join the rest of the team but his coach stopped him.

"Quitting?"

"She used to play volleyball. She led her team to nationals and they won." He spun the ball in his hand, "You've never heard of her? She outranks Bokuto in spiking."

Akaashi was dismissed to warm up after that.

"Okay, let me see if your finger is okay."

Hayato showed the girl his finger. Still a few bruises and it was bent weirdly, but it was better than before. (Y/N) began wrapping it, using another finger to stabilize it.

"Go warm up now."

- - -

The first set went to Shiratorizawa, 30-28. (Y/N) could feel the tension between the two team.

"Tendo, when you hit give it more umph!" (L/N) said as she handed water bottles out.

  "Umph?"