Chapter fifteen: Demons are troublesome

In his own opinion, Lucifer was currently stuck in one of worst responsibilities he was forced to do by being the devil of the Underworld. The constant clicking of his pen was causing the two other men in the room to nearly go insane. They stared at their lord with anger they didn't dare show. "What seems to be the problem?" Asked the devil. Of course it was quite obvious what the issue was and Lucifer was fully prepared to put them blame on someone else.

"Cerberus ate my arm!" The one man said, while the other one said: "He took my leg, during an earthquake! During!"

"Ah, yes, Cerberus quite enjoyed those, thank you." The guy with one leg's face turned red instantly, "I nearly died from the blood loss." Lucifer looked at him, "Yes, that's quite unfortunate." He wanted their pointless complaining to end already but none of them looked ready to leave his mansion yet despite his attempts at annoying them without them knowing it was intentional. Jeremy had left him when the pair arrived and he was curious as to what the human was doing. Hopefully obeying him.

"We demand justice!" One Leg said while the guy with one arm looked at him warily upon hearing his words. "Remember whom you're talking to," he muttered quietly, not intending for Lucifer to hear. "You will not demand anything!" The devil growled, suddenly growing angry and his eyes zeroed in on him. All confidence left the crippled demon's body, knowing that Lucifer's attention was directly on him. "Where do I recognise you from?"

The man gulped, "Uhm, the night of the red rain, you visited my shop to pick up two boys." Lucifer nodded, remembering everything— especially how Abigor told him that the shop owner was going to throw his human and the chef's son out into the rain, not caring about the fact that they could die. Turning his attention to the man with one arm, he asked, "And what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a smith, sir." He bowed slightly.

Lucifer suddenly beamed, oh this was working itself out smoothly, "Good! Good, then it's good he took the left arm and not the right, huh?"

"I'm left handed..." The devil paused, "Is that still a thing? Huh, who would've known?" The smith wanted to say anybody but he didn't have a death wish. "Well, you're young, you've still got time to learn, and losing an arm is hardly a problem. So I think that concludes today, goodbye." The two men were shocked as they got dismissed. Getting a private audience with the devil was difficult, so when they received the news that they got the chance, they had both expected something to actually happen. Maybe receive some money in compensation or at the very least a sorry but Lucifer had always thought that the word tasted poorly coming out of his mouth.

The devil stood from his chair, desperate to get the demons out and find his human who would be a much better company. Before he got the chance to dismiss them once more and have the guards escort them out, a loud giggling of pure happiness sounded through the mansion hallway. Frowning, he opened the door, unsure why anybody would be happy.

The sight caused his eyebrows to rise up as he watched Jeremiah run down the hallway, laughing and pouring flour everywhere, leaving a clear, white trail behind him. Intrigued by his mood and what he was doing, Lucifer followed him, glad that he wasn't the one to clean it up. He stopped before going too far, only just remembering the two men, "You're dismissed." Then, he lifted his hand and nodded to two guards who immediately shoved them down the corridor.

The human was already long gone so the devil followed the trail of flour, which led him to his own personal bedroom. Okay, he was seriously confused now. While Jeremy had been in his bedroom before, he had never stayed for an extensive amount of time and usually kept to his own bedroom or the common areas. On his king sized bed stood Jeremy, jumping around in a cloud of white dust. "What are you doing?" He demanded, not really sure if he should be amused or annoyed. Jeremy's eyes snapped up to meet his as he paused on the bed momentarily, then, he giggled loudly and squeaked. The sound startled Lucifer as he started gaping at him, "What—" Jeremy jumped down from the bed and quickly squeezed past the stunned devil.

Jeremiah ran to the kitchen and immediately started raiding it for sweets and cookies, "Ohh, these are so yummy," he muttered to himself and slammed a whole cookie into his mouth, slightly chocking on it and already looking for more things to eat. "Jeremiah," Lucifer snapped, having enough of his odd behaviour. The human heard him but paid him no mind as if he had forgotten his own name, because while Jeremy's exterior seemed to be glowing with happiness and fluffy unicorns, on the inside was a boy, trapped in his own body, desperate for someone to realise.

Doriani stood by the refrigerator and shared a confused look with the devil. "Did you break him?" Lucifer asked the chef's son who huffed in response, "If anyone broke him then it would be you." Usually the human boy was quick to respond, always happy to please and keep away from trouble, but today something was very off.

Suddenly a woman came bursting through the doors that the devil recognised as a servant living under his roof, "Mikkol! Mikkol, where are you? Stop hiding." When she saw the devil, she immediately bowed but her mind was still somewhere else completely. "What's the matter?" The devil asked. "My son is missing, I don't know where he went!"

"Have you seen him?" The woman asked the human who just stared at the woman with wide eyes, his mouth full of cookies still. Slowly, he finished chewing and swallowed loudly. "No," He said and shook his head exaggeratedly, eyes looking anywhere but at the people in the room. Immediately, everybody in the room got suspicious and the mum eyed him carefully, "Where is he?"

"Mommy, I told you I don't know!" Immediately, Jeremy's hands went to cover his mouth. "I mean, lady." Lucifer sighed deeply, already knowing what was going on, while the woman looked like she was about to burst a vein. Immediately she rushed towards him and grabbed his ear, "Oww!"

"Be quiet, Mikkol! I have been worried sick and then you use your gift to possess one the devil's possessions, I have taught you better than that, young boy!" Lucifer was genuinely afraid the woman might pop and looked over at Jeremiah who looked ready to cry, "Mommy! You're embarrassing me."

She tightened her grip and started walking towards the devil, a boy in tow. "You're going to say sorry or else all of your privileges are taken back!"

"But—"

"Now!" She practically screamed. Jeremy started full on bawling his eyes out, "I-I'm sorry, Sir," He hiccupped before continuing, "I was just bored and the human's mind was unprotected, it was so easy."

Lucifer nodded, "Step out of his body, Mikkol." Jeremiah nodded and seconds later stood a small 5-year-old child in front of him, looking really guilty at having been caught red handed. The human body slumped to the ground, unconscious but Lucifer wasn't worried because he knew that he'd wake up within a minute. Some demons were born with gifts, it was rare but it happened and it was also allowed as long as the parents declare it. "Has his gift been documented?" The devil found it hard to believe that he was, or else he would've been aware of it. The woman's mouth suddenly felt very dry, "No, sir." He nodded, already knowing this and thought for a second. They needed a punishment. Both of them. But he was feeling rather forgiving today (Already had he listened to two grown men complain like children over lost limbs) and decided to go easy on them, "You'll work two weeks for free and, Mikkol, you will get three weeks of detention after school." The child groaned loudly, "No, that's not fair! How come she gets two weeks but I get three?"

"Because detention only lasts an hour or two," He explained. The woman thanked him and apologised for his behaviour and for not reporting his gift to which Lucifer nodded and dismissed them, when he noticed Jeremy start stirring on the floor. Maybe someone should've picked him up.

Suddenly Jeremiah groaned, "Why does my ear hurt and why am I crying?"

---

A/N: if you're ever unsure how to pronounce their names then I have one answer: s a m e

Me: *Knows nothing about Heaven or Hell*
Also me: *decides to write a book about it*
Me: *does research and only finds cult and satanic pages*
Me: cool imma make shit up