Chapter twenty two: Bloodshed

Lucifer had been stuck in his dilemma for a good five minutes before he came to a conclusion. The devil was, and always had been, selfish and only did things that worked in his self-interest.

That was why he was currently running through his mansion, roaring Abigor's name. He quickly found the demon in his room doing pull-ups in the threshold, but when Abigor spotted the devil, he quickly stopped and eyed his true form. "Who pissed you off?"

"Kevin Jones did," Lucifer growled. "Ah," he replied, doing a pull-up more. "He's here now?"

"Yes, but now my human is gone and we're going to go get him."

"Let's go," Abigor clapped his hands together. The demon would follow his leader to death, so he had no qualms following him without asking questions. "Where is Jeremy now?"

Lucifer and Abigor were walking down the corridor quickly. They were strong so they didn't need weapons—especially if Lucifer was in his true form, but Abigor grabbed a weapon just to be safe. He didn't know what they were up against. Lucifer replied the moment they reached the front doors to his mansion, "Heaven."

The demon instantly groaned, "I hate being in Heaven." He almost gagged at the thought. "Will we at least get to kill angels?"

Lucifer's lips curled into a light smile, "I would say so."

Abigor's eyes lit up, "I'm ready let's go." Big wings sprouted out of both their backs, their majestic appearance causing everybody to do a double take, but they were gone before anyone had the chance to admire them or ask questions.

Lucifer and Abigor didn't know where they were going exactly. Heaven was a big place, filled with a lot of people, and spotting one human could be difficult. "He must be with God, right?" Lucifer asked his friend. Abigor thought for a moment, "But he was kidnapped so maybe he's being held in the suburbs?"

The devil looked around him. The world seemed small from up here but it gave him the advantage of seeing a large area at once. "Right, but now everything is back to how it should be so wouldn't Jeremy be taken to the palace to make up for everything?"

The situation wasn't easy. They didn't know where the human was located or if he would even want to go with them, but Lucifer was prepared to kidnap him if that was the case. With time the human would learn to like him again so it was a much needed sacrifice. "But if you were God," Abigor started, and Lucifer shuddered at the thought. "Wouldn't you want to hide the fact that you purposely got an innocent human killed and then proceeded to send him to Hell?"

The devil nodded, happy with the fact that he brought his right-hand man with him, "Let's head to the suburbs."

***

The short, angry angel knew he had crossed the line by kicking the human and making him feel bad but he still didn't feel any regret even though he knew he should be. It was basically programmed into his brain: Don't hurt humans. No angel could ever dream about hurting a human or else they could risk being casted to Earth, stripped of all privileges, only to become one of the Fallen. So if he was going to get thrown out of Heaven anyway, then he might as well make it worth his while.

"Jeremiah?" He called, but the boy was still curled into a ball, sobbing quietly to himself. The angel grabbed his chin with a bruising grip, forcing the human to look into his eyes. "You can stop saying the devil's name. He's not coming... Why would he?" The angel laughed, "You mean nothing to him and now he finally got rid of you."

Jeremy shuddered as he fought against his hold but it was no use. The words pierced through him like sharpened blades; while he wished for nothing more than to Lucifer to come and save him, he knew that there was a big chance that it would never happen. The angel paused for a moment, contemplating his next moves before his lips tugged upwards. He ripped the one leg of Jeremy's pants off to show off the bite wound.