seventeen

»«

Renjun sighed, walking home on a wet day was kinda depressing. He never walked home with Chenle or Jisung either seeing as they lived in totally different neighbourhoods than him and they were in totally different directions. So, when walking home he never had anyone to talk to.

Like he would talk to anyone anyways; obviously except Chenle and Jisung. They were his friends, he trusted them.

He normally thought about things when going home, this time he thought about how deep down he wished he wasn't shy. He wished he was confident like Jaemin and all his friends. He tried to speak up, he tried to join in, but in the end he'd chicken out.

Maybe he just didn't want to make a fool out of himself? Possibly right. Maybe he didn't want to face anyone, just incase they weren't who he thought they were? Maybe they'd be his friend and leave him? All of those worried him, even they possibly wouldn't happen.

The topic was sensitive to him. His shyness made him make no friends, he felt over the moon that on that first day people even asked him to sit beside him or help him walk through the halls without getting hit out of the way and possibly hurting himself because of his small, fragile body. Chenle and Jisung were the only people apart from his parents he's talked to as far as he could remember. He guessed he opened up a little bit as he met them.

He realised he could've walked home with Jaemin, but then again he knew Jaemin would pull a trick or two. Plus, it'd be awkward and he's still trying to avoid him so he scratched that idea.

He seen his home in view and he walked a bit faster, wanting to get home and just lie back onto his bed. Once he got there he opened the door and was immediately greeted by his Mother. He walked inside and his Mother started to speak.

"I hope your room is tidy! Jaemin is coming over to study and do homework with you in a couple of hours! " She said smiling, Renjun nodded but inside he was screaming. Why me? "Yeah, it's tidy but I wanted to go shopping with Momo!" He said, talking about his childhood friend Momo, she was like the sister he never had. Momo had told Renjun she was going on a date with a guy and she needed help to pick a new outfit, and Renjun, being the kind person he is told her that he'd help her. That's why he actually wanted to get home; so he could change out of his uniform.

"That's fine, he is coming in about four hours so I think that'll be enough time right? He has things to do before he comes." She said, looking at her son who nodded happily. His Mother always let him go out with Momo whenever he wanted, seeing as she was actually really close to Mrs Huang as well.

Renjun and her were the best of friends, since forever. It would never change. Renjun trusted her, he told her all his secrets, she told him hers. They knew each other more than themselves. Renjun really did treasure the sister he never had.

That's why he wanted to help her on picking the outfit, he'd never let her down. She texted Renjun to tell him that she'd pick him up in fifteen minutes, so he rushed up the stairs to go get changed.

»«

a/n: there may be some tea in the next chapter ooh ooh. possibly jaemin might strike again...

this chapter was SHIT, sorry y'all