forty four

»«

The day of the dance had came. Jaemin and Renjun were obviously going together, I bet you've already figured that out.

Right now Ten and Johnny had just pulled outside the house as they had made a deal of them picking everyone up as they had said: 'we will pick up the whole squad' and they did.

Everyone was wearing suits and shit when they walked outside. Johnny was the one driving and he had already picked everyone up in their car that was kinda giant for just one person to drive. Ten and Johnny were in the front, in the middle, yes the middle were Chenle and Jisung leaving one more seat.

Jaemin had noticed that Mark nor Donghyuck were in the car, which was a surprise. The curiosity got to him and he thought that maybe the others would know. He got inside the car and Renjun had to sit in the very back by himself. Sad times.

"Hey guys, where are Donghyuck and Mark? Weren't you picking them up too?" The pink haired asked, thinking about the plan they had made of Mark asking the other missing boy out.

A couple days prior Jaemin, Renjun and Mark all went out to get flowers, chocolates and stuff like that. To show Donghyuck that this was a thoughtful process to ask him out.

"What should I buy for him? I don't really know what he likes.." Mark said, looking at the shelves carefully in the store they were in. The store was giant, how were they going to find the right thing amongst all the aisles, shelves and products?

Renjun and Jaemin came with him as they were helping him with this plan of his. Jaemin knew Donghyuck well, he liked stuffed animals, jewelery, flowers, chocolate, the usual so to him this was easy.

"He likes flowers, chocolate; easy to find. He also likes stuffed animals; we need to find a cute one especially and he likes jewelery; a bit expensive though." The pink haired male said, nodding his head. Mark sighed.

He would've wanted to buy jewellery  Donghyuck but the money would definitely not take long to add up.

"I'll have to do with what I can afford, I couldn't but jewellery  as much as I want to.."

"Oh well, it will be fine, if you buy him something simple he'll be grateful."

They all walked to the sweet food aisle and looked everywhere for a box of chocolate and then when they did they all punched the air in victory as it did take a while because there wasn't one sweet aisle, there were three. They had a lot of stock in the store for people who have a sweet tooth, damn now I wanna go to that store.

"Okay I need to get the most beautiful flowers in the store," They walked to a the aisle of flowers and garden stuff, "Here!" Renjun said, finding some really pretty flowers that he thought Donghyuck would like; they were roses uwu. Mark smiled wide as he thought they were perfect. "YES, we're taking these." He said, lifting them and continuing the shop, to get the most precious present, THE PLUSHIE.

Jaemin sighed, to be honest he just wanted to go home and sleep, but helping a friend was top priority. He actually nearly fell asleep standing up. "I know exactly what he'd want, he would want a bear stuffed animal." Jaemin said, as they walked through numerous aisles to find the right one.

Renjun found it and ran down it, the others following. "This is the aisle." He said, looking around for a bear as well as the others. When they found a nice one they started to walk to the checkout.

The one they had chosen was holding a red heart that said 'i love you', to be completely honest I think I have one of these types of plushies. But anyways, it was adorable and Donghyuck was sure to like it.

They got everything paid for and all the stuff came up to a decent price, and Mark had enough money with him so he handed the money over, got the receipt and they left the store, smiling together hoping their plan would work.

End of flashback

"No, he texted me and said he would come himself as his Mom said that she would leave him down to the school and Donghyuck... He didn't get in contact with any of us. I don't think he's going.." Johnny replied, shrugging his shoulders and continuing to drive, driving off away from Renjuns house.

Why did nobody get any word from Donghyuck. He had told Renjun he was coming, but not anyone else. Well, they knew Mark was definitely coming but what about Hyuck? They needed him right now.

It was the end of school for them, them being eighteen (imma just male everyone eighteen in this hsjdjdjr) was also a time to think about what college they wanted to go to in September. Sure, they had the summer to think about it.

The reason I'm saying this is because Mark wanted to ask Donghyuck out before he left high school, just in case he'd never see him again, even if he probably would.

If Hyuck isn't going to be there, Mark would be so disappointed. Renjun thought, frowning. He took out his phone and texted him, seeing if he would reply.

Renjunnnn:
Donghyuck are you coming to prom? Everyone else is going

Hyuck:
Renjun the truth is I'm scared :(

Renjunnnn:
why?

...

»«

a/n:HMM WHY IS HYUCK SCARED?

ALSO THE NEWS ABT THE NCT DREAM COMEBACK OMG IVFEOEFVRFVO