TEN.

━ END OF THE EARTHx

END OF THE EARTH
x. the gray son of gotham
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

     FREYA HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM. Well, technically, she has several at any given moment (side effect of punching bad guys all day) but right now, her big are two are a) her massive crush on one Tara Markov and b) somebody is hurting said crush and she would very much like to crack their skull open.

     It's the second problem that she's going to Dick Grayson with. The first one, she can handle by herself, maybe with a little help from Hal. It's all about meditation and noticing if she blacks out for extended periods of time and if she pops up on the news committing crimes... now that she thinks about it, it's probably gonna be very obvious is she's ever possessed by the Star Sapphire.

     The Tara situation, though, isn't so black and white. First of all, Tara's emancipated and if they drive her away, they can't make her stay. She's here because she chose to be and if she changes her mind, that's it, game over. She'll be gone and Freya will rip herself apart over it.

      Secondly, her powers are linked to her emotions. Freya doesn't want to make her feel scared of angry ━ that would end badly for everybody involved.

      But she can't just leave it alone, not when it's Tara, not when she's being hurt. It wouldn't be right, to let it grow and fester, to destroy her friend. She doesn't think she can stop until she knows, for a fact, that Tara's safe.

     Dick can help with this. She doesn't really want to go to him with this ━ the guy has enough on his plate as it is, between the Titans, school, Gotham and whatever other responsibilities he's lugging around ━ but at the end of the day, he might be the best suited for it. He lived in Gotham, which everyone knows is basically a glorified, evil spawning cesspool form the depths of hell, and he's bound to have come across something like this before.

     She leans against the doorframe, clearing her throat, and he turns around to face her, seeming to be happy to have an excuse to around the mountain of work he'd been buried in.

     "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

     "Of course", he says, covering the papers on his desk. "What's up?"

     She closes the door, approaching him slowly. "I think there's something up with Tara ━ actually, no, I know there's something up with Tara."

      "Donna's been worried about her", Dick admits. "We all have."

      "She had ━ Dick, she had hand-sized bruises all over her wrists. From an adult. Like... like some jackass had grabbed her way too hard and she keeps saying it was from a fight, but this is Tara! I know what she's like in a fight and that kind of stuff doesn't happen, not to her."

     "Do you think somebody's hurting her?"

     Freya nods. "Yeah. I don't know who yet... I tried checking the Titans database, but everybody she worked with from before the Titans are still in jail..."