ELEVEN.

━ END OF THE EARTHxi

END OF THE EARTH
xi. in motion
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

     THE HIVE, TARA HAS DECIDED, ARE A BUNCH OF DICKS. She knows they're the ones that hired her and Slade ━ well, Brother Blood technically did that, but you know what she means ━ and that they've got a serious grudge against the Teen Titans for... whatever reason, that they really want this assassination to go off well, but seriously? Do they have to hit her that hard? Like, they do realize they don't have to sell it that much?

    She crunches her head into one of their faces, the familiar sound of breaking cartilage filling her ears. Echoes of the others bounce off the walls of the hallway they're in and out of the corner of her eye, Tara catches Star Sapphire in action.

     It's always breathtaking, watching her in a fight. Violet constructs appear out of thin air, trapping and attacking and changing, with energy bolts firing soon after them. She's like a tank; when she goes into battle, there's nothing that can stand against her.

     It's moments like this that make Tara realize exactly why Slade finds her so concerning. Especially lately ━ the violet aura of love is sparking off of her, little embers left in her wake. She's always been powerful, but there's been a palpable change now, the energy she radiates eclipsing everything else.

     And Tara's not the only one to notice. When a particularly strong blast sends a HIVE goon flying through the wall, taking one or two others down along the way, Robin sends Star Sapphire a confused, concerned, look.

     Tara thinks he's come to the same conclusion that she has ━ that even with all that overwhelming power rolling off her, Freya is holding back.

     "Where's the furball?" She growls. Garfield Logan is supposed to be backing her up here but she can't see him anywhere, not even by Cyborg, and her patience is starting to run paper-thin.

     There's a small squeaking noise coming from the HIVE member she elbows in the face and Tara rolls her eyes. "What are you even doing?"

     "Attacking them as an ant!" A tiny voice calls back at her and to say she's done with this is an understatement.

      "Oh, so you're screwin' around while we do all the work?" She scoffs. "How typical."

      She doesn't work too well with Changling. His optimism, that unending need to be the good guy ━ it reminds of her brother and that leaves something alarmingly familiar to guilt twisting in her gut.

     She's not allowed to get guilty anymore. She lost that, when she made her first kill, when she let Slade touch her. She lost quite a lot when that happened.

     A purple-pink train comes crashing in beside her, knocking aside the man creeping up beside her, and when it fades, Freya is smiling at her, her eyes a little wild.