TWENTY.

━ END OF THE EARTHxx

END OF THE EARTH
xx. all the stars
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

     "THIS WAS STUPID AND RECKLESS AND INSANE", HAL JORDAN RANTS. He's been with her for the past hour ━━ ever since she was brought to Titans Tower, unconscious and with no way of telling if she would wake up again.

     "What were you even thinking?" He continues. "I told you you could come to me."

     She wrings her hands together. "There wasn't time. You were off-world and he was gonna kill everybody, Hal! Donna, Roy, Wally ━━ do you really wanna explain that to their mentors?"

     He sighs, running a hand through his tousled hair. "You can't do shit like this. You could've died."

     "But I didn't?"

     "But it was a close call. And your friend did die, Freya. Wanna explain that one to me?"

     She stares at the ground. "I don't... I don't know. One second, I wasn't in control and then she was ━━ and I couldn't let it stay that way. I couldn't."

     "You raised the dead."

     "It's not that big of a deal."

     "You raised the dead", he repeats. "It's definitely a big deal."

     "I'm not sorry", she says stubbornly.

     "And you shouldn't be", he agrees. "But you also shouldn't put yourself in that much danger. What if you still didn't have control? What then?"

     "I..."

     "We've talked about this. You feel that ring taking over, you call me", he says and she knows the worry in his voice is real. She knows that Hal cares about her, but she can't bring herself to apologize for any of it. She lost control and whatever it is that's hiding in her ring took control, yes, and that's bad. She gets that.

     But whatever this thing is, it helped her to save Tara. Without it, she wouldn't have known what to do, wouldn't have been able to link their hearts together. She'd still be dead and Freya... Freya would have lost a part of herself.

     "Can you give me this lecture tomorrow?" She asks, biting back a yawn. "Raising the dead is kind of exhausting."

     Hal scowls at her. "Fine. But don't think you're off the hook."

    She smiles at him. "I wouldn't dream of it."

    "I love you, kid."

    "Love you too, dumbass", she says. "But... have you seen Tara? Is she, um, is she doing okay?"

    "She threatened to bury me under a mountain."

    "So that's a yes."

    He rolls his eyes and she can see him holding back a smile. "You've got weird taste."