TWELVE.

━ END OF THE EARTHxii

END OF THE EARTH
xii. comfortably numb
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

     IT'S ALL FALLING APART. It being Freya's entire life ━ Wally West is leaving for a city on the other side of the country, Dick Grayson will no longer be joining them on the field, and there's still something off about Tara Markov ━ and it's all gone wrong. Months ago, she would've claimed it was perfection, but now...

     Now, she's feeling off. It's like she's numb to everything around her and feeling it all at the same time. It happened back in the fight with the HIVE ━ it was like Freya left and Star Sapphire was the only one left. She was in control and she wasn't and it was terrifying.

     She feels a little like that right now. She doesn't have Tara's hand to hold, which made things so much worse and so much better. It was like a million volts of lightning coursing through her, enough to keep her aware, but now that Tara's slunk back to her room, Freya can feel herself drifting in and out of reality.

     It's all fuzzy, all wrong, and she doesn't know how to put it into words, how to fully say what's happening to her.

     But, when you're on a team with an empath, you don't have to. Raven has always been adept at reading emotions and while she may prefer to avoid Freya and the cascade of feelings she drags with her at every moment (because Raven may be powerful, she may be dangerous, but she can be overwhelmed), she can still pick up when something is wrong.

     Freya Anastas is usually compromised of three primary emotions; love, hope and sadness. It's love that tends to win out above them all, shining through like a beacon the second she sees one of her friends. Hope always grows in the darkest of moments for her, when Raven's sure the team won't win, that they'll go down, and Freya will smile, like she knows, for a fact, that they will all survive this.

     The sadness clings to her like a second skin. It was stronger, when she first joined when Raven sought her out in the beginning, but over time, it's weakened. Some days are worse than others, somedays, it looks like she's going to drown in it all. On most days, though, it's merely bubbling beneath the surface, something she can overcome without Raven's help.

     Fear, though ━ that's a new one.

     It catches Raven's attention immediately. In a room full of bittersweet joy, it's out of place, practically blaring through everything else.

     Honestly, Freya'd be more concerned if she hadn't picked up on it.

     "Are you hurt?" Raven asks in a low voice, watching all the others as they celebrate. It's sad that Wally's leaving them ━ Freya can see that even Raven, who's usually so monotone, is upset by it ━ but this is what he wants and it would be unlike Kory to ignore an excuse to throw a party.