Trapped

—————

Written by: ultimatebookworm12 , hapyhappiness , AjexxanAlterline , hxrmits , CasuallyAFangirl (who else?)

Word count: 2108

Summary: ma·nip·u·la·tion. N. The action of manipulating someone in a clever or unscrupulous way.

Trigger Warning: Run.

—————

Bdubs smiled, pulling Scar close by his waist. He stared straight into his eyes, a sultry look in his eyes. Bdubs bit his lip, sparing a quick glance at Scar's lips.

The man brought a hand up to Scar's cheek, slowly cupping his face. Bdubs slowly leaned into Scar's ear and grinned before whispering, "Long live the king."

Bdubs drove the knife into Scar's back with no remorse, looking up at the horrified look on Jevin's face with a cruel smile.

It was never the same after that day for Jevin.

——

Jevin arrived at Iskall's mushroom island base, feeling down in the dumps.

Iskall looked up from sorting his items in his chests. "Hey, Jevin! What's up?"

His face fell at Jevin's expression. "Jev...you okay?"

"It's a long story..." Jevin said uncomfortably, taking a seat on a chest near Iskall.

"Well, I'm all ears if you want to talk about it." Iskall comforted, continuing to sort some of his rouge items.

Jevin hesitated for a moment, but continued, knowing that talking to Iskall would be the easiest, considering how close they are.

"Well, I saw Bdubs kill Scar. Nothing really bad, yes? But, no. It felt different." Jevin started slowly forming his thoughts into words. "It was almost as if Bdubs was manipulating him in a way. Wooing him so he fell into a false sense of security, then quite literally stabbing him inthe back. It just felt wrong."

"Really? Bdubs? I wouldn't expect him to do something like that." Iskall leaned into Jevin, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "What's upsetting about it to you though? Are you afraid someone might manipulate you? When you least expect it?"

"Well... I..."

Iskall smiled at him, a strange glint in his eye. "I'd never manipulate you, you know."

Jevin looked down at the hand on his shoulder, then to Iskall. He felt a chill and looked away. "Sure you wouldn't," the slime said finally, reaching his hand up and patting Iskall's hand on his shoulder, then taking it off and stepping back ever so slightly.

He felt a strange feeling in his stomach, uneasiness swirling through his brain. "What brings you here, Jevin?" Iskall piped up, a playful and...strange smile appearing on his face. Iskall crossed his arms, fiddling with his blue tie and looking around his island.

"Um... well..." Jevin started, trailing off to think of something. "I don't know. I just needed someone to...talk to. About Scar's murder. But of course, you don't believe it." Jevin scoffed, pacing about. He noticed Iskall reaching to his back pocket but didn't say anything, his mistrust only growing bigger.

"Well, while you're here, I'll take you on a tour of my island!" Iskall said with a sweet smile on his face. He held out his hand and the slime hesitantly took it.