Dancing At Midnight

Written By: hapyhappiness, CasuallyAFangirl, Ash_InTheFlames, AjexxanAlterline, hxrmits, p3pp3r_

Word Count: 808

Summary: Bdubs and Cub leave a party behind to dance together under the stars.

---

"Here's how you do it. You take your partner's hand, I'll put my hand on your hip and you can put your hand on my shoulder." Cub said, showing Bdubs the proper positioning of his hands.

Bdubs took a deep breath. He locked eyes with Cub, a warm pink splashed across his face. "You might need to keep walking me through this," He said with a smile.

"That's ok!" Cub said, "you'll get it, alright-"

Cub continued to walk Bdubs through the steps of the dance until Bdubs finally did it without standing on Cub's feet.

"I think I got it!" Bdubs said happily as he beamed at Cub, who blushed a light blush.

Cub pressed him closer under the star-filled sky. "You know," the two continued to sway in fluent, synchronized motions, despite the lack of music. "I've been wanting to do this for a while."

"Oh?" Bdubs asked. The darkness of the night hiding the blush making its way onto his face along with a small smile. "Do explain what you meant by that?"

"I've wanted to hold you close to me for so long." Cub said, smiling as he sped their pace up a bit.

"And only an hour ago did you finally ask me, to dance that is."

"That party was pretty dull anyways. Isn't this nicer?"

"It was definitely duller than I expected." Bdubs said, "But I'm glad I got to be here with you."

A light blush spread across Cubs face as he looked into Bdubs' eyes, "Me too."

Silence washed over the two as they just dance to nothing but their hearts. Both trying to find a way to converse with one another.

"I'm really enjoying our time together right now," Bdubs spoke up suddenly.

Cub's eyes widened as more heat entered his face. He let out a smile along with an awkward chuckle. "Me too."

Bdubs placed his head on Cub's shoulder. The two were locked in a content silence as they swayed lightly through the night.

"Cub?" Bdubs asked, looking up at Cub's eyes.

"Yeah?" Cub pulled him closer. The scientist's eyes flicked down for a second before he met Bdubs's eyes again.

Bdubs smiled softly at the thought that appeared in his head. Cub's hand on his waist was comforting and their hands fit together perfectly. He felt a cool breeze through his hair and shivered lightly, smiling harder when Cub's thumb caressed his side.

"It doesn't matter," he finally spoke up after deciding his thoughts.

"What's up?" Cub questioned, staring into Bdubs' star-filled eyes.

"No seriously, it doesn't matter," He smiled, hiding his face by nuzzling his face in his dance partner's chest.

"Or does it?" Cub grinned as he sped up. He started tangoing and spun Bdubs around. He flipped him and now Bdubs was arching backwards in Cub's arms.

"Hello, sweetie." Cub's nose was now ticking Bdubs's.

A bright blush spread across Bdubs's face. He bit his lip as he stared into Cub's eyes. Cub took a quick look at his lips. They slowly leaned in.

"Hey Cub, have you seen B- oh..."

The two quickly pulled away from one another, turning to face the newcomer, who looked even more surprised than usual.

"Keralis?" Bdubs took a step back from Cub, looking rather humiliated.

"I was wondering where you went, Bubbles. Seems you're getting rather friendly with Cub over here so I'll just... leave. By the way, Sashwame organised a meeting for tomorrow at 3 o'clock. Hi Cub, bye you two!" Keralis beamed, turning around and exiting.

Bdubs blushed, the embarrassment coursing through him. Cub laughed, grinning ear to ear at the other. He laughed even harder when he heard Keralis yelling "Sashwame!" in the background.

"Anyway, where we were?" Bdubs cleared his throat, this time wrapping his arms around Cub's neck and resting his hands on his nape.

Cub wrapped his arms around Bdubs's waist and rested his face in the crook of his neck. They went back to slowly swaying.

"Hey Cub?" Bdubs asked.

"Yeah Bdubs?"

"I...I love you." Bdubs said.

There was a moment of silence. "I love you too..."

"Hey, um.." Bdubs started speaking again. Cub lifted his head. "Since we got interrupted, um, could I kiss yo-"

Cub cut him off by lifting his hands off of Bdubs' waist and cupped his face, pulling him in and pressing their lips together. Sparks and electricity spread, both of their brains almost turning into mush.

When they broke apart, it was only dumb grins and giggles. This was definitely better than the party.

"If you want another kiss, you might have to stand on my feet again. You're too short otherwise I'd break my back trying to reach you," Cub mused, breaking into laughter as Bdubs huffed, stepping on his toes with a bit of force. "Ow!"

"That's what you deserve."