Storm on the Horizon

@Waffle-Ninja, @hapyhappiness, @AjexxanAlterline and @p3pp3r_
word count: 1200

ayyyyyyyyyyyy sooooo were back! hello again! and AH. lol i dont know what im doing. 

It was supposed to be a beautiful day, but under these circumstances it was clear that wasn't going to happen.

A storm had appeared on the horizon. Nobody gave it a second glance, but when it arrived the whole server fell into a frenzy. Normally storms are more or less just rain. Sometimes, tiny dripping rain. Sometimes, a giant slash of 'Fuck you' from the skies. Occasionally thunder from Asgard. Hah ha, just kidding. However this time, the storm felt slightly off. Normally, the clouds darken and rain started pouring. But clouds couldn't become near black, could it?  The rain was pouring like a waterfall, making it hard to see and walk around in. Not to mention, instantly causing whoever's out to get wet.

It was a serious downpour out there. rain filled buckets per minute as the storm continued rumbling on. It was occasionally like it was spiting the hermits. Scar was especially pissed. he had so many great projects to build and the stupid rain was messing it up!

Scar wasn't one who usually got mad. He always seemed to look on the bright side of things, but today everything felt wrong. He was a ticking time bomb. Something easily might set him off, and oh boy would the place reek of disaster for days to come.

Ever since these elemental powers of his showed up, hes been all the more stressed. Between building, concorp and helping his friends its all just been too much. He wasn't sure how long he would last before he ending up doing something he just might come to regret.

——

He regretted everything. He was just building when all of the sudden Joe showed up to come see what he was doing. Scar was already having a bad day at this point. He had died too many times to count, from falling off his builds and dying from mobs. On top of that he kept loosing things amongst the mess of shulker boxes and chests. Joe showing up took Scar past the tipping point.

"Howdy Scar. What are you doing here on this gloomy day?" Joe asked, giving him a smile and a wave.

For somewhere, some reason, something within him snapped. A part of his mind broke and rage filled his body and he turned around with murderous intent in his eyes with clenched fists.This wouldn't be the first time he killed someone.

Scar pulled out a sword and swung it violently at Joe. Joe screamed in surprise, fear, and pure shock as he ran away. Scar screamed in anger as he chased after Joe. Neither were PvPers and Scar's skills were a little rusty. He never participated in the war after all.

"scAR- what are you doing-" Joe narrowly ducked under the blade again. Scar twitched in frustration, and the violent anger driven aggressive swings of his sword clearly reflected that. The literal ground shook with every strike, the world beneath his feet caved inwards behind him, breaking and crumbling as the stress build up oozed out. Joe frantically dodged pleading for him to stop. He didn't listen. Though scar was tired he'd never admit it, he just continued, like the never ending onslaught of rain that surrounded him.

The rain got louder and louder and heavier and heavier the more Scar attacked. White noise was ringing in his ears, blocking out Joe's desperate pleas and the pounding of rain. Scar didn't realise what he was doing. He felt like he was underwater in a sea of emotions. He finally came to when he felt a body slam up against his and arms wrap around his torso.

His sword flew away as he was slammed onto the ground by a strong force. Whoever was restraining him were really strong and weren't letting him go. "Joe, are you okay?" A female voice asked out. However due to Scar's position, he couldn't see who it was. But he let a reason to believe it to be Cleo. Then who was holding him down.

Cleo's pov.
Cleo paled as she forcibly turned joe aroundno no no no-she was too late. it was a deep wound where joe's heart use to beat. While it used to be pumping blood around his body it certainly wasn't anymore. He didn't even seem to notice.

"Hiya cleo, nice of you to drop by- you see i was a having a verbal turned physical conversation with my good old friend scar over here". 

She shuddered and pulled him in close, her arms tightly wrapped around his weak, heartless body as she sobbed. He was doomed to a fate similar to her own. The blank expression on scar's face, as he held Joe's unbeating heart in his bloodied hand, he would pay soon enough, but at the moment she had other issues to deal with.

"Cleo? What's wrong?" Joe asked, confused at why Cleo was so distraught. He looked over her shoulder to see Doc holding down Scar.

"Oh! This probably looks very bad, but I assure you that I am a-ok! I never needed that third heart anyway!" Joe grinned at Cleo who looked at him with the most incredulous look.

Cleo narrowed her eyes at Joe in suspicion and tilted her head at him.

"Joe."

"Yes, my lovely dovey amazing friend Cleo?"

"Are you a grave robber?"

Cleo could only raise an eyebrow as joe laughed. "What do you mean Cleo? This is just like my third eye, extra canines or even the eight spare sets of arms in my closet! what are you talking about 'grave robber', I would never even attempt such an unspeakable act!"

"Then how...?" Cleo asked extremely confused at what Joe was saying.

"I was born with all that stuff! I grew up then realized 'yeah all these extra things are getting in the way' and just cut 'em off. Nothin' to worry about! I still have two beating hearts in my chest! Scar did me a favor!" Joe said, grinning like an idiot.

Cleo didn't miss the look on doc and scar's faces. They look traumatised. She couldn't blame them when they started awkwardly stumbling away. Joe however didn't look discouraged at all though. "But if you really are worried about me Cleo" he thought for a moment, " I could just go sing to that ghost over by the cemetery. She so nice always donating such useful limbs and accessories!"

——

"Oh! Wait Scar!" Scar turned to Joe who had called out for him, "I came to tell ya that you're a beautiful person and I hope your having a beautiful day, but it really seems like you aren't, so can I get a hug?"

Scar was surprised. Joe occasionally went around to tell everyone his 'Handy-Dandy Happy Messages' (™️) which was a normal occurrence, but why would Joe want a hug from someone who had just ripped one of his hearts out?

"I mean-" Scar saw Cleo glare at him from over Joe's shoulder, "Of course!"

Joe tackled Scar in a hug. Scar looked at Cleo to see her smiling. Scar cracked a small smile.

Joe really couldn't be mad at him.

The end

------------

so yeah. im back. yes its me waffle. hopefully reviving this account. i hope you enjoyed because we love ourselves a joe with three hearts.  anyways dont die and i hope you have a fabulous day.