Overshadowed Brother

----------

Written by: Waffle-Ninja, hapyhappinessp3pp3r_, Duskstorm1ultimatebookworm12, and hxrmits

Word count: 2000

Summary: EX finally wants the spotlight, and he's willing to do anything for it.

----------

Xisuma always got the spotlight. It was how it worked. He had special gifts and powers. He was the admin of a whole world.

But a little-known fact about the revered admin was that he had a twin brother.

It wasn't the fact that the brother wasn't known. It was what he was known for.

You see, Xisuma had an evil twin.

Xisuma's twin wasn't given a proper name. Everyone just called him Evil Xisuma.

Evil Xisuma worked hard to live up to the expectations put on him because of his brother. But, the lifestyle he subjected himself to wasn't exactly social. He spent all his time by himself honing his skills while his brother was out making friends.

He had worked hard. Harder than his twin. Evil Xisuma had worked until he vomited, cried and almost gave up multiple times. He realized that he had worked better and harder and soon he was stronger than his brother.

But he didn't stop there. He worked even more. He pushed his limits, striving only for a goal that was close to his reach. With every goal met, he set a new one. He still set them even when he was technically more powerful than Xisuma.

"Why do you think you're better than me?!" Xisuma had shouted at him one night, defensive and sick of the frustrated glares he received from his twin.

"Well, someone didn't get all the special gifts, so they have to work harder to live up to the expectations people give him," EX snapped.

"Wh-it's not my fault great I got all these great powers!" X exclaimed. "And what expectations?!"

"People always expect me to be just as good as you, despite the fact that I don't have any special powers. But maybe you haven't been paying attention, hogging the spotlight like you always do."

"It's not like I do it on purpose! You rarely even come out of your room!" X snapped at EX. Before EX even knew what he was doing, he lashed out and slapped his brother across the face.

X looked at EX in disbelief. He got slapped. By his own brother no less! Nobody had slapped him before. He felt anger boil inside of him.

He opened his hand and watched the purple magic zoom out. It collided with EX and sent him flying across the room, slamming into the wall, then sinking to the ground.

X held his breath. Never had he used his magic against his brother, or to hurt anyone in general.

His twin got up, groaning, but was conscious enough to send the most hateful glare X had ever seen come from him. From that day, EX was even more determined to show that he was better than his brother, even without the gift from the Void.

After that X saw less and less of his twin brother. Each interaction wasn't much. A glare if X was lucky or being fully ignored if not.

When the two twins turned eighteen, X moved out. He didn't know what EX decided to do so he just put him in the back of his mind and moved forward with his life.