Homeless Hippies

Written by: Espressooooo, largefrenchbread, Ponygirlpony, and hapyhappiness
Edited by: helicopter-stannie
Word Count: 712
-----------

Ren sat in the alleyway, slumped against the hard wall. His once bright clothes had turned dull and torn, the flowers woven around his head wilted. As he sat, he looked longingly outside. People walked past, too quick to pick up details. All Ren wanted was his Caravan. His keys had been stolen, so now he had nothing.  As Ren turned his head to look at his lap, a dirty blonde and a brunette stepped quietly into the alley.

"Does he know we're here?" One asked, whispering to his friend. "He looks... sad. We should help him!" The other said, a smile showing through his words.
The smiling brunette stepped up, "Hey! Do you need some help?"

"Do you know a good locksmith?" Renbob looked into the guy's dark brown eyes.

"Of course! Impulse here knows a thing or two about locks!" the sandy blonde said, clapping the brunette on the back.

Impulse on the other hand looked unsure. "I mean-- guess I could try.." the brunette responded hesitantly "I'm a mechanic, but I don't know much about locks so don't get your hopes up too"

Ren seemed to of already failed then man's request. His heart would soar at the though of getting his RV back.

"Come on, lets go get you some proper clothes" the blonde offered his hand.

Ren never smiled so bright on his life.

——

Ren followed the blonde  and the brunette (his name was Impulse, right?) to a shop that sold a variety of clothes.

"Follow me! We'll get you something nice for you." the blonde said as he hurried inside to the male clothing section.

"Grian! Slow down!" Impulse called out and ran to follow the active little man.

Grian seemed really in his element in this shop. He rushed Ren around, making him try on many clothes, despite just meeting him. Impulse watched from afar, browsing for is own shirts. Ren had found himself an outfit - a nice-fitting black button-up shirt. accompanied by  black jeans and a pair of comfortable shoes. Grian's reaction was priceless to his outfit and Ren was happy he found it - it definitely pleased the fashionable man.

"Hey man, this is great. I really appreciate it, y'know." Ren said.

"It's no problem," Grian beamed, smiling up at him. "Now let's see if Impulse can do anything for your lock situation." With that, he grabbed Ren's arm, pulling him out of the store.

'Jesus Christ, does this man ever run out of energy?'

Impulse followed Ren and Grian as Ren showed them where his van was parked.

"Here she is." Ren said with a mix of excitement and relief. It was white with a brown stripe and had hippie styled decorations visible on the inside. Impulse took a good look at the van before pulling out a small box.

"What's that for?" Ren asked, curious about the box.

"It's what I need to be able to open your van." he replied with a smile.

Ren hopped around his RV, excitement finally coming out as Impulse tried to unlock his van. Grian watched happily, chuckling at Ren.

Impulse concentrated, blocking out all sounds except the sound of the implement in the lock. He stuck his tongue out, almost biting it when he sharply brought it back in. "Done!" He stepped back, opening the door and chuckling as Ren shrieked with excitement.

"Oh yes! My baby!" The hippie rushed inside, throwing himself on his little corner sofa and curling up with a cushion. He giggled, looking over at his  two new friends. "Thank you so much! I could just - I could just kiss you! Ahhh!!"

Suddenly realising what he said, Ren blushed a dark shade of red. The others, noticing his blush, blushed a fainter shade of red and chuckled. Without thinking, Ren pulled Impulse in for a big hug. Impulse laughed, patting his back and blushing when Ren gave him a big kiss on the cheek. "You too, Grian!" He had learned his name from earlier and did the same to the shorter one.

"Just - thank you so much. I'm so happy to have my baby back," the hippie grinned happily, patting his tiny kitchen.

The end :D